Design own Arpeggio on Hapax possible?

Hello,

I’m loving the Hapax, still so much to learn and explore which is great. One question I have though, does the Hapax have ability to design your own arps? I have a Digitone and that has a great arpeggio where you can design your own, but looking at the menu it doesn’t seem possible on the Hapax (yet), it certainly has the 2 screens and that huge grid to do something there.

Maybe I should send in a feature request :slight_smile:

Thanks

6 Likes

Would love this too! Especially if you can use the grid to program the arpeggio pattern.

You can do something that comes close by programming a sequence and then play the transpose track 16. But it is not exactly the same.

2 Likes

Wait for it…

2 Likes

Yea this would be awesome. If anyone knows Xfer’s Cthulu plugin this would be a great inspiration for a mode like this.

Just imagine the power of that grid.

I’ll send a feature request in and also link to here.

I’m sure someone already has.

3 Likes

In the meantime, try modulating the arpeggio’s parameters with an LFO or two. You might have a happy accident.

I‘d love this too!

As workaround try putting a Harmonizer fx before the arpeggiator.

When I want rests in this pattern, I sometimes put some Harmonizer steps to -36 and then put a Midi Note Filter after the arpeggiator, and remove only those low notes.

Still, a clear arp creator like on Digitone / A4 / OT would be great

5 Likes

I like the sound of that! With regards to the Midi note filter is that literally under the FX filter here? I’m at work so can’t check.

1 Like

Why not just use the midi filter only, make it filter all notes and modulate the on/off switch of that?

1 Like

Yeah it’s the filter effect

1 Like

Wow - I’ll have to wrap my brain around that:)

You could modulate it with a modulation lane, but as of now that needs to be the same length as the full track length right? I’d prefer a smaller amount of steps arp, so then my method would be preferred no?