CV to guitar pedal : voltage attenuation

I would like to connect the Hapax CV outs to the expression input of couple of guitar pedals. Most of them support control voltage inputs from 0V to 3V. Has the Hapax an option to attenuate the outgoing CV range from 5V to 3V ? Thanks

1 Like

What pedals are you using that allow CV for expression? The traditional expression pedal input on a guitar pedal is a TRS (stereo) input that sends and receives the voltage, not something that a TS (mono) CV input would do.

For instance a Red Panda Particle 2. With a floating ring cable, CV to TRS, you can safely use most expression pedal inputs. But of course, voltage from CV needs to be attenuated following to specs of the pedal. For the Particle, that’s 0-3.3V.

Next to that, I’m hoping that soon we can add a USB hub to the Hapax so that pedals with USB midi can be connected and modulated.

You could use the Particle’s TRS MIDI now, right?

Yes, would love to have an option to set cv to max 3.3V as well. Wanted to control my Source Audio pedals with Hapax using cv to expression input, but Source Audio told me the max voltage is 3.3V so I’m not risking it with 5V.

You can use floating ring cables, but in most cases a standard ts cable works perfectly as well btw.

1 Like

This is not currently possible.
I’ll discuss it with the team.

2 Likes

@Thibault_Squarp thanks for looking into this.

Do you have some news about the possibility to connect a USB hub to connect more than one device over USB MIDI ? A lot of recent guitar pedals (synths) have a USB connection with MIDI CC implementation, so modulation from the HAPAX would be awesome.

We hope to add USB hub support in a future firmware update, so far I can’t promise it’ll come any time soon.

1 Like

Would be great to have different cv ranges per output.

AFAIK most pedals use 3.3V for the expression pedal, but there may me more variances. Would be great to have an option to set a custom value as well.

@Maarten Indeed, I agree with you. There are variances between the pedals. So the voltage should be a variable setting.

Any news on this? :slight_smile:

USB Hub support is still in the roadmap, hopefully not too long from now.

Wrt to a 3.3V CV limit, not sure what the status is, for all I know, it’s not on our radar.

Ok thanks for the update!