Controlling multiple synths with same controller simultaneously

I believe some iteration of this question has been asked, but was closed, so I couldn’t ask for clarification.

I would like to use a midi controller to control multiple synths simultaneously. The idea would be that I can play chords, and one synth might play chords while another two play arpeggios or chords with different voices/envelopes. To do this I would need to have multiple tracks receiving the same midi data and then outputting to different channels. I haven’t gotten this to work.

Obviously, you can’t use OMNI mode, but multitrack X mode would seem to work, except it doesn’t. Is the problem that my MIDI controller either is not sending or cannot send notes on multiple channels? Or is this something I need to address with a midi router?

Sorry for being dense. I got a Pyramid late last year when folks were offloading their devices and acquiring the Hapax. It’s been fun, but a bit of a learning curve.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.