Confued by Program Change description in manual

In track settings, the manual says this:

Rotate encoder ⑤ to instantly set the PC, or Press encoder ⑤ to enter the menu configurating PC/MSB/LSB.

I must be missing something, because encoder 5 sets the Output channel. Encoder 1 changes the PC setting. And in any event, I have tried pressing every encoder and none of them do anything. Can someone explain this to me?

Are you running the 2.0 firmware? The PC encoder moved to #1. I think the documentation might be missing an update for the new position.

Edit: reading more carefully. If you rotate the encoder 1 the PC number should light up and change. If you press the encoder the menu will come up and you can press again on apply.

Generally, if you look at a screen the encoder matches the position on the screen. There are two ecoders for each quadrant so if you see something on the left of the top left quadrant that will be the left encoder next to it.

/CC: @Thibault_Squarp

Thank you, I’ll fix it ASAP

1 Like

I got it working. I think last night I might have been pressing the knob a little too slowly. A very quick press brings up the menu. If you press slowly (just a fraction of a second longer) nothing happens.

1 Like

You can adjust the time it takes for a “HOLD” action to register, in SETTINGS>MISC>HOLD TIME.
One value might better suit your taste