Brand new Rample- Missing Sample banks?

Hello! I recently bought a Rample and decided I was going to dedicate some time today to start to learn how to use it. I installed the latest firmware and started to try and familiarize myself with the interface.

As I was scrolling through the banks I noticed that after “U” it starts back at “A” again. Isn’t there supposed to be “V/W/X/Y/Z” as well?

Also, I figured out how to select a sample set and assign it to a bank but when I press a mode button it only displays a row of dots- should it display what kit is loaded?

I am super excited to have this module but I fear I will be asking a bunch of questions!

I only have A thru U.
Pls also note that each letter designation can have 100 kits (0-99), and they don’t have that many.

If you’re pressing for Pitch, Bits, Filter, Freeze then those dots indicate the level for each SP that effect is currently at

1 Like

Hi @kbowman ,

The SD card comes preloaded with 183 kits, sorted in 14 banks corresponding to their respective author:

A - ALWIS
B - BOGDAN RACZYNSKI
C - CANBLASTER
D - RICHARD DEVINE
F - THE FLASHBULB
J - JIMMY EDGAR
K - KANGDING RAY
M - DET
N - APOLLO NOIR
O - OVERMONO
P - NETSH
R - CONTROL RANDOM
S - SINK
U - UTO

This order is also written in text files on the SD card, by the way. Of course, you can reorder, and modify any kit or any sample within a kit, or create your own kits easily, as detailed in the manual.

The only rule is that Rample expects a folder name XY or XYY, with ‘X’ a letter, and Y a digit, so Rample supports up to 2600 kits, from A0 to Z99.

1 Like

Thanks for the confirmation! I guess maybe they put A-U on the card. I get not loading it up with 99 kits per bank, but I thought at least one kit per bank (A-Z) would have been the way to go.

I appreciate your help!

1 Like

They also skipped “E”. :wink:

2 Likes

Ok- got it! Thanks for the info- completely makes sense now!

To be honest- I was scrolling pretty fast and it seemed like all the letters were there, but @Thibault_Squarp answer makes total sense to me now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.