Best Way to Interface your MRCC with Hapax

You guys strongly recommended the MRCC to me on my last post, so I’m gonna grab one! Do you guys use the usb host out of your hapax into the MRCC or do it another way? One gent on the forums mentioned he actually used the Midi out of his Hapax into the MRCC but I don’t think that would be best.

Any advice is welcomed.

I don’t just use one out of the Hapax to the MRCC (to my synths)… I use the two MIDI outs AND the USB Host port. I’ve also used the 3.5mm out of Hapax to 3.5mm MIDI-A on MRCC. There is no shortage of connectivity between the Hapax, MRCC, and your synths… and if there is you can use two MRCC together! The reason I use multiple outs is to avoid congestion over any one channel, which can easily happen when sending notes, automation, and effects to several synths… something you’ll want to consider when interfacing with 10 instruments. Have fun!

Thanks Cyclopticowl!

Honestly, it depends! There are a lot of options. Multiple outs is a good idea like the other user suggestion. Also, USB has greater bandwidth for MIDI data than DIN, so interfacing over USB for the MRCC is a good idea if you plan on sending lots of MIDI data to synths via the MRCC. If needed, you can also connect the DIN ports to the MRCC as well. I can’t remember if the MRCC has only one USB port or not, but if it has multiple you can also connect both the device and host Hapax ports to the MRCC.

The Hapax is still kinda fussy when used as a slaved device, so it would probably be easier to keep your Hapax as the transport control host at least. You can experiment with sending MIDI effects from the MRCC to the Hapax, vice versa, and combining them to get funky combinations.

1 Like

You’re teaching me things here! Thank you, I will use this info!