Basic LFO request - Please!

So this request comes out of noticing that there is no “1/6” rate sync value, as well as longer (bar/multiple bar) lengths not having many ‘odd’ values for interesting evolutions that still remain synced.

Basic level LFO request - include more “1.5x” values .Ones that come to mind:
24 bars, 12 bars, 6 bars, 1.5 bars, 1/6.

Mid tier LFO request - offer sync modes that allow you to set 2 values for ratios - eg numerator/denominator (could press-turn to set the alt value, and be able to automate each independently). This way all sorts of interesting fractions are possible.

Bonus achievement - a speed multiplier, and pulse width for the LFO waveforms. This feature is great for if you want to say have a ramp rising over 4 bars, but then drop for the last 4 beats. Or if you want say a square that is high for the first 4 beats of a 16 bar section, but then low for the rest.

Boss level LFO request - all of the above, but also allow custom LFO shapes. In terms of interface to achieve this, that could be drawn in the automation window perhaps -.2nd+Automation currently doesn’t seem to do anything and would make sense, then being able to select from the shapes parameter.

You could say that automation lanes are custom LFOs already I suppose, but there’s no way to modulate the depth, phase, clock multiplier, etc of an automation lane.

7 Likes

yes please! dont forget to put your request through the official contact form!

This is an incredibly well thought out and useful feature request! Thank you @Avlantis for putting this request together. I have copied and sent the request to Squarp.

If you find this and/or other requests useful, be sure contact Squarp via their Feature Request link and let them know.

You could do the custom lfo shapes using two knobs etch-a-sketch style!

They could also just have dynamic automation lanes

i do love this request