Arpeggiator is not reacting to rate change

I can’t make arpeggiator react to rate change while it’s playing.
For example: i have 2 chords, each 1/2 bar long. I’ve added arpeggiator to FX and configured a “default” rate. Then i added a LFO FX and set its destination to arp rate, then configured it as a one shot ramp. But when i’m playing it it’s “stuck” either on default rate or some other rate (depends on LFO speed). When i’m switching to arp i can see that the rate value is changing there! But no audible effects.
Is it a bug? Or it’s working as expected?

The ramp doesn’t work for me in one shot mode either, possibly a bug.

Can anyone confirm this?

1. The LFO fx only runs when the player is running
  2. The order of FXs matters. Placing the LFO after the ARP means it retriggers at every note the arp outputs, so no change is heard. However, placing the LFO before will only trigger when you play a note, and will have a much more dramatic effect, which is what I believe you are looking for.
  3. You can easily reorder effects by holding the main encoder and rotating it when the FX is in “move mode”.
3 Likes

That is what i put on my wall now :))))
Shame on me, i read the documentation twice already, but the moment i’m starting playing with hapax, i’m forgetting a lot of things :slight_smile:
Such a wonderful and playful instrument.
And now, because of that happy accident i know how to make LFO to behave very crazy :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thank you for the kind words :slight_smile:

Doesn’t the LFO only retrigger when it is set to RLOOP or ONCE, 2X, etc? I thought when set to LOOP it is free running?