Are the bugs crashes and broken features in Hapax only impacting some Hapax units?

There have been plenty of Hapax bugs crashes and broken features reported in this forum. While I don’t have clarity about others experiences I know that these issues impact my device. Are there any Hapax owners that can confirm the well known issues actually don’t impact their devices?

Thanks

1 Like

can confirm i am on 1.13 and have not yet experienced any of the crashes/broken features in my normal use (sequencing eight different devices over all 16 tracks, both 5-pin MIDI and USB). works fine for me so far

1 Like

Bug reports and feature requests should be reported directly to Squarp via Contact us | Squarp instruments

Interesting…I could have sworn you reported bugs previously here. Either way I really find it interesting that some users have no broken features or bugs.

1 Like

i’ve reported one issue with a pattern that didn’t consistently reset to the first bar when running Free across multiple Sections in Song mode but i don’t know if that’s a bug per se. not in the same category to me as the crashes on saving that others have reported. i have more philosophical issues with some of the design choices that i’ve discussed in other threads but generally works as intended and like a champ

2 Likes

Ok thanks for clarifying that. Maybe there is a batch of bad Hapax machines floating around…What a drag if so. There certainly isn’t consistency when it comes to user experiences reported here and elsewhere. I believe I’ve tried to remedy my issues in every way possible which is basically re downloading the latest version onto different sd cards and ensuring I’ve understood the manual and internal settings but still buggy and broken. Thanks

1 Like

Why do you need to use multiple sd cards? Doesn’t the firmware load correctly when flashing the device?

1 Like

Just doing anything in my power to try to fix my Hapax. It shouldn’t matter what sd card you use (and I believe squarp recommends only using the sd card provided)but I tried either way. Do you have a Hapax with issues??

1 Like

Mine occasionally boots incorrectly and has the song pc issue. Other than that it’s fine.

Can you confirm you’re on 1.13?

Settings > Misc > Info

1 Like

1.13 confirmed

1 Like

Ack. I think reaching out to Squarp and see if they can help troubleshoot is your best option.
Usually they are really helpful and responsive.

2 Likes

Cool thanks! I am definitely aware of that! This topic is just to try and gage the ratio of problematic vs non problematic Hapax devices.

Thanks for your reply

1 Like

1.13. Occasional boot into test mode and the song mode issue. Otherwise, pretty solid with no actual crashes. It’s the design issues that bug me.

1 Like

I have had a few crashes but couldn’t replicate them…

1 Like

I’m pretty sure a lot of issues reported here with crashing/freezing are caused by midi feedback loops. So user error.

Mine is stable ever since 1.13

1 Like

Hey so I’m wondering if you could maybe tell us some steps to repeat the issues you are having, I don’t mind trying. Have you worked with many sequencers in the past? I have had bugs on every piece of gear I’ve ever owned and when I report it, they usually get it fixed by the next firmware. It is a normal process in hardware AND software, no matter what you do bugs do end up popping up.

Bugs do pop up, the only way to stop them is to find a way to reproduce them and then report them on their contact page. Really if you don’t report them, the bug will stay there even next firmware releases.

I personally haven’t had too many issues but it sounds like you are having a huge amount of them. I haven’t deep dived into my hapax in a bit but I really want to.

What issues are they specifically? Are you sure you haven’t tried to troubleshoot that you don’t have midi feedback loops etc?

1 Like

hey ron!

yea ive had some issues with my hapax but squarp has stepped up to the plate more than any other manufacturer that i have witnessed so far, including replacing my unit for a new one. im actually waiting for the return post now. this in my estimation gives squarp high marks.

1 Like

This is really good to know. I’d love to buy a Hapax, but still in the judging if it’s buggy (some units, maybe, most, not) stage, and getting to know how well the folks at Squarp respond to problems.
Thank you ! :slightly_smiling_face:

We have two and only one has the issues I’ve described above, the other is fine.

1 Like

Seriously? I wouldn’t be surprised if the “random booting into diagnose mode” was hardware specific but the song mode+PC issue as well?