Any of you integrating an iPad into your Hapax setup?

Hello,

I have this small setup below I use at home to chill-out with. I only recently got the Hapax and I’ve upgraded to version 2.0c Beta, it’s an amazing sequencer and I’m using it to sequence my Novation Peak and Digitone, but just play patterns on the Digitakt as I prefer the way the Digitakt can do other stuff with samples.

Anyway, I have an old iPad Pro (2017) which has a CCK (lightning camera kit) and an audio jack port and I was wondering if it’s possible to use it as another synth that the Hapax can sequence? I’m assuming the audio jack could go straight into the 1010 Bluebox mixer for it’s audio. I’m just not sure on how I’d get the Hapax to sequence a synth and how I can connect it? I’m assuming I need extra gear for this to work.

On the iPad I have AUM, Drambo and Pure Acid (TB303 synth) as they were all in the sale, I was also looking at Borderlands.

Thanks

This is pretty straightforward with Drambo. Connect the ipad to the hapax device port and then you can just route midi wherever you want. Just be sure to put channel filters on your tracks before your synths.

1 Like

So would the iPad’s CCK Lightning adapters USB A port go into the USB B port on the back?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-Basics-External-Gold-Plated-Connectors/dp/B00NH13DV2?th=1

Yeah. I’ve done this very thing and used the iPad as a sound module for a small setup.

1 Like

Oh great are you using AUM to route all the midi?

Drambo, I haven’t tried AUM.

1 Like

So Drambo does routing like AUM too? I though it was a Grovebox.

It can do pretty much anything. It is a “build it yourself” groovebox. It is basically a modular synth with a sequencer and support for AU.

Don’t suppose you can share your settings, I have the iPad connected to the Hapax, but I can seem to get them talking. I just want to see if I can sequence Pure Acid or a synth in Drambo.

You need to tap or long press the track all the way on the left and set the midi input. I don’t think you can specify channel which is why I mentioned putting the filter first. My iPad isn’t handy. Let me know if you need something more explicit.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.