Aftermarket screen Upgrade?

Lately, I kinda started having trouble seeing the things on my little Hermod Screen.
And was thinking about somehow adding a bigger screen to the module.
(A bit like the external Display for Disting EX)
It looks like there’s enough room for a bigger screen anyway. Maybe it could even be attached on top of the front plate and use the hole of the old display to run cables trough.

Or even just a brighter, more contrasty screen with the same form factor would do.

What are the specs of the original Display, and are there any chances, that Hermod could run a bigger screen (probably with the same resolution) or an oled screen or something? And if so, what specific screen could work here?

@Thibault_Squarp I think if you’d design an official Squarp Hermod Display Upgrade Kit, that would probably sell quite allright :))

something like this maybe? Monochrome 128x32 I2C OLED graphic display : ID 931 : $17.50 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits

Or is it just not possible in general to drive an OLED Display with the LCD Driver/Controller that is built into Hermod originally?

or this? Monochrome 2.3 128x32 OLED Graphic Display Module Kit : ID 2675 : $39.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits

That would be lovely!! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.