N45:PAD10
N46:PAD11
N47:PAD12
N48:PAD13
N49:PAD14
N50:PAD15
N51:PAD16

3 Likes

Probably we can put also the lines to launch sequences.

1 Like

Hey. How did you find these out? I’m trying to set up track specific encoders for filter / pitch etc - midi learn doesn’t work it seems / neither the Blackbox or Pyramid appear to respond… I can’t find any info in the BB manual or on the site for midi cc numbers…

Also - what does the ‘N’ here mean in your list? Still getting my head around this so excuse me if I sound naive!

N means NOTE - it’s used when creating a note definition file.

Really it’s just adding the names to the notes on your interface
So note 36 would show on the display as PAD1 instead of C2

Handy if you have the box set to trigger on one MIDI channel and are sequencing pads, like drums. You could name them Kick, Snare, Tom etc., but you may not always have those sounds on a particular pad.

The numbers used, 36-51 are the defaults (Check the manual Page 55)

As for CC’s - I seem to recall, you send a CC to the BackBox, it listens and then you assign - it did not have preset CC list, maybe aside from modulation, volume etc. I’ve not switched mine on in a while, so it’s all a biz fuzzy.

The way I have mine set up is I have a definition similar to above, but P01, P02… on MIDI Channel 01 (when the BB is in single channel mode)
But I also have an entire page of the Pyramid mapping each PAD to a Track and MIDI channel, if I want to play each pad across the keyboard or say run Euclidean Rhythms on each Track (PAD).

Hope that helps

2 Likes

In response to what someone asked above - The Sequence triggers would work like this in MIDI Pads mode. You can have either or both in a single definition.

NAME:BBPADS
OUT:A
CHANNEL:Your desired midi channel goes here
N52:SQ01
N53:SQ02
N54:SQ03
N55:SQ04
N56:SQ05
N57:SQ06
N58:SQ07
N59:SQ08
N60:SQ09
N61:SQ10
N62:SQ11
N63:SQ12
N64:SQ13
N65:SQ14
N66:SQ15
N67:SQ16

1 Like

Hey Guys,

Thanks for this. Yeah, I’m alot closer to figuring this stuff out now. As you said Simon, the Blackbox does not seem to have a preset CC list - I guess because of it’s learn function that is always flexible / designated when you tell it to ‘learn’?..

But what I have done is create a Definition File with the parameters that I want to control for each Pad. So long as Assign Type in settings is on ‘per track’, one can call up the definition file for the track and asign the relevant CC number to whatever on the Pyramid, say an encoder.

Then on the Blackbox tell whatever the parameter it is you want to control to ‘learn’ and wiggle yer encoder… and you’re away! You can use the same cc number on different pads and because we’ve set that on a per track basis, automation etc on that cc only applys to the BB pad you’ve set it to & if its an encoder / xy pad then it only affects the selected track, so you don’t mess up the other tracks. SWEET.

This might sound obvious to you guys but i’m writing it up in a way that at least I understand incase it helps any other n0obs like me doing this in the future. This is super cool & i’m delighted to have got it working! Pyramid + Blackbox is a really powerful combination :smiley:

2 Likes

I never found the time to look at CC’s much with the BB but next time I do, I’ll pop back here and re-read that. :+1:

1 Like

Hi all. I have the definition file set as above, but so far it only plays one pad chromatically. Is there a particular set up needed corresponding on the Blackbox? I’ve messed around with changing the pads and keys midi input setting in tools but no luck so far. Any advice? Thanks.