New Hapax - LEDs not lit

I hope this isn’t a case of RTFM, because I have gone through the included quickstart guide a few times, but I just got a brand new Hapax in the mail, and none of the LEDs light up. This is not just the piano roll, but also the track select buttons and everything else. I’ve checked the settings and the LEDs are set to 100% brightness.

The pads themselves seem to work just fine, but there are no lights.

This has got to be a broken unit, right? Am I missing something really silly?

I wanted to write here before I submitted a ticket to Squarp (or just returned to Perfect Circuit, who would hopefully just send me a replacement).

1 Like

I decided not to wait for a reply, and just called Perfect Circuit. They said it sounded like it was faulty. I’m sending it back now, hopefully the replacement works better!

I also just sent back a new unit to Perfect Circuit. Different symptoms, adding steps would either freeze the system or make steps appear on different notes. I sent a ticket to Squarp (haven’t heard back yet), but then just decided to RMA with Perfect Circuit. Hoping the replacement will be ok!

Hopefully these are just flukes and not an indication of overall build quality/QC. I’m excited to get my replacement in like 3 weeks after the RMA process is complete :frowning:

I got my replacement, no problems with it. It’s an amazing machine!

1 Like