Hermod Compatible USB MIDI Controllers

Hi
Hermod is not compatible with the SPD SX from ROLAND with the USB HOST. Too bad
Could you work on it please

I’ve tried with the MININOVA from NOVATION. Don’t work too :’(

Best regards and congrats for your job. (vous déchirez les gars)

1 Like

as far as i can see, neither the SPD SX nor the MININOVA are USB class compliant midi devices,
they need drivers for them … so won’t work with devices modern USB midi hosts.

2 Likes

Having trouble wth the regular Arturia Beatstep - like others have said with other keyboards it powers on but the hermod does not receive note data via usb host

1 Like

Hi,

So I managed to make it work with the Mininova with USB HOST but nothing for the SPD-SX :cry:

1 Like

Hello Alex,
Did you have any luck with using the Beatstep pro as a USB midi Host?

1 Like

Hey! Somehow I decided to check what happens in this thread yesterday. KeyStep Pro, Keystep, and BeatStep Pro work great. The only thing that has been confused me - how to handle the drum track and send MIDI instead of using patch cables. The answer is: set some midi channel for Arturia’s drum track (default: 10); switch necessary Hermod Tracks to this midi channel, finally - in Effect menu of your Hermod tracks you have to limit “max note” and “min note” - for kick 36, then snare 37 and so one.

2 Likes

Thank you Alex for this information. One last question was this using the latest firmware update 1.50?

1 Like

Is there an official list somewhere? I can’t find it.

Moog Subsequent 37 works great with midi and USB.

AKAI MPK mini mkIII seems to work as well,
but sending program changes seems to be a bit weird.

I try to select bank/kits in my RAMPLE with the following chain:
AKAI MPK mini mkIII (as Host) — Hermod 1.71 (midi through Host to midi ON) — Rample 1.3
this is not working like intended:
Prg chg Banks cannot be selected by setting up an encoder, works only via the Pads and when keybed and pads have the same midichannel (?)
however, Prg chg Kits can be selected by setting up an encoder…

When using my Pyramid via Host, one can set up only one encoder to scroll to all banks/kits…
how can this be achieved with the AKAI mpk mini III?

Also i’m not sure if this is related to AKAI, Hermod or Rample :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tried plugging in an iOS device (iPhone 8) into the host port and running Ribn to have an fast way of sending to modulation tracks. Hermod doesn’t show up. Just updated to 1.71 also appears to not be compatible on that os if anyone is curious. Has anyone gotten any iOS apps to transmit to hermod?

iOS acts as a USB midi host , it cannot be a USB midi device!
(this is an iOS ‘limitaton’ not Hermods )

therefore you would have to plug the into the Hermods USB device port, and to do this you would need the iOS camera connection kit (aka CCK) or similar.

2 Likes

Ohhhhhhhhhh that makes sense. Thank you for clearing that up. :slight_smile:

I was searching through the forum and stumbled upon this thread. Do you happen to know if Pyramid would work fine with Manta Mate?

Arturia keystep 37 works fine on the usb host port , harmed seems to power it without any issues…
unlike my OP1 which crashes the harmed as soon as you plug in the USB port …
ill post my outcome as I think im gonna have to take the problem directly to the team at squarp

Have anyone tried the cme xkey 25? I’m intrigued by the idea of a super slim keyboard