Hermod Compatible USB MIDI Controllers

Maybe the mpk problem is a mk1/mk2 issue, I have a mk2 and it doesn’t work

1 Like

Maybe, I have the MPK mk2 as well…

1 Like

The Sensel Morph doesn’t work with the Hermod. I sent Sensel a report to double-check if the Morph is class-compliant, and they sent the following:

“I’m guessing that the the Squarp is suffering the same problems that the Snyderphonics Manta Mate initially had. It has to do with the fact that the Morph’s USB descriptors are multi-modal - it’s not just a class-compliant MIDI device, but all these other USB things simultaneously.”

1 Like

The Akai MPK mini MK2 don’t work for me

1 Like

Cant see it listed , has anyone tried a grid controller like launchpad with hermod?

1 Like

Hermod works with the iConnectivity mio USB/MIDI Interface:

I explain how I’m using it here: How do I sync Hermod and Pamelas New Workout? (Solved)

1 Like

Korg nanoKEY mk1… Work fine at first time, but some time ago its brokes… Similar trouble like Akai mpk: its powered, but not send midi to Hermod.

1 Like

Also, Old good Novation X-Station 61 works fine!

1 Like

Hi, I’ve tried beatstep Pro as a USB hots: Good thing the Beatstep get’s power from Hermod/and receives clock from hermod. Bad thing: My Hermod it’s not receiving the midi information. Anyone has the same trouble?

1 Like

Hello, has anyone tried driving Hermod with the Op-z yet?

2 Likes

Yup op-z direct to usb host sends midi into hermod. Midi into z from usb host is acting buggy… let me know if you crack that egg.

1 Like

Hi Lance, Thanks!.. was great to hear the Hermod takes midi well from the OP-z. i’ve finally picked one up along with a new Hermod this week and it’s running very well with Pamela’s New Workout clocking (via midi expander PEXP) Hermod+Opz while the Hermod is passing on the midi sequences from Op-z to Cv. It’s not rock solid… on master clock stop-start the op-z sometimes shifts a 16th note off-beat but still very workable and not catching any clock drift otherwise. The only thing i’m trying to solve now is the high-frequency whine that arises when connecting the op-z USB-c cable to the Hermod and simultaneously the op-z 3.5mm audio signal plugged into the same system. I’ve tried Malekko power, Make Noise power, Frap Tools Power and Row-40 and so far nothing can cure it from that side. i’ve even tried having the Hermod isolated with it’s own power source but still getting that high frequency cpu noise over the audio whenever the usb is connected. I’d love to hear how your Hermod to op-z is set up and if having any of the same issues and if so, if any solutions at hand… thanks!!

1 Like

op-z 1.17 os just cured it. almost silent via hermod.

1 Like

Hi, The noise issue you’re referring to might not be Hermod specific because I heard this from other people on Facebook OP-Z groups. They reported noise on audio output when the USB charge cable was attached. Some had access with AudioQuest JitterBug and other similar utilities.

1 Like

Please update the software to make compatible the Akai MPK mini mkII, its not functioning, hermod don’t recognize it.

1 Like

Can someone confirm any of the below controllers work with the Hermod?

1. Akai LPK
  2. Korg NanoKey2
  3. Arturia KeyStep
1 Like

Ugh, this is annoying. Hope it gets sorted out. Roli works just fine with Hermod so not sure why the Morph couldn’t

1 Like

Sensel Morph with various overlays don’t work when plugged directly into the host. The Morph is supposed to work stand-alone when it has been flashed with a template. It is an MPE device, so maybe that is a problem?

1 Like

Hi guys, you can now upgrade your Hermod with the last OS version (1.4), should be fixing all USB HOST issues!

As far as we know, only Elektron devices are not compatible, we are working on it.

Do not hesitate to report again you working/not working controllers!

3 Likes

Is there a usb host that stands out as the most compatible to use with the Hermod? I’m looking for something that would allow more control over the Hermod for live performance purposes.

2 Likes