Euclid effect lights up all the pattern lights

I tried to submit this as a feature request, but when I click submit, I’m getting “Sorry, an internal error occurred” so I’m gonna post it here for now!

Currently when you use the Euclid MIDI effect on a track and change the note parameter to anything besides “IN”, it lights up every pattern on that track. I understand the thinking behind this… the Euclid is going to generate note events now so technically those patterns are not empty from a certain perspective.

However, in my experience, often I’m only using the Euclid effect on specific patterns, so I’ll set it to OFF by default and then use the param lock on the ON/OFF parameter of the effect to only turn it on for certain patterns. But even though it’s off for almost all the patterns, they are still lit up on the pattern screen. I find this visually confusing because when I’m working on a project, it’s really nice to be able to see at a glance which pattern slots I’ve used and which are available and empty and I can no longer really do this when I’m using a Euclid effect.

I propose that the Pattern screen should reflect whether there is actually an enabled Euclid effect when it decides whether or not to light up the pattern button. It’s very useful to know which pattern slots are available and which are actually populated with patterns that I’ve made.

3 Likes

That’s a very good suggestion, I’ll discuss it with the team.

2 Likes