What is the way to setup a TR8S with Pyramid?

Looking to be able to control all of the TR8S functions (faders, muting/unmuting, etc) while playing other synths connected to Pyramid and having everything all synced.

Basically I want to have the TR8S just running through its own sequencer connected to the pyramid for clocking not recording and having a Rev 2 and Moog Sub 37 recording in Pyramid with everything all in time.

Hope I can gain some clarity on this. Thank you for the assistance, cheers!

I do this.

Pyramid is the master clock and sends clock & start/stop out.

I configure the TR-8S as:

TempoSync: MIDI
SyncOut: Off 
RxStartStop: On
Rx Prog Chg: On
Rx Edit Data: On

I’ve played with TempoSync: AUTO this weekend and didn’t like the behavior.

Thanks for the reply Zenkick! I’ll try these settings out but how do you have the TR8S connected to the pyramid? I might want to try just having the TR8S on Midi out A and having the rest of my synths on Midi out B on a thru box that will come back into the pyramid with a merger.

Hope your setup is now working properly, I’ve been reading about some of the issues you are going through.

I use a MIDI Solutions M8 merger and a Banana Split MIDI splitter on Pyramid’s MIDI A.

MIDI B goes to MPC because its MIDI implementation is stupid.

I have TR-8S looped in through the M8/Splitter, although technically I don’t need the incoming MIDI from the TR-8S right now, since I’m more-or-less just using it stand-alone with sync/start/stop.

Yes, that’s how I want to use the TR8S in standalone to utilize all the TR8S has to offer live jamming while only recording my hardware synths with the Pyramid for looping purposes. I’ll try your method out later tonight.

Sounds fun. :slight_smile:

Do check out Pyramid’s Omni Channel/Multitrack MIDI in settings.

I tried to avoid it for a while, but succumbed to its allure.

Enjoy!

Hello from “the future” @zenkick :wave:

just wanted to thank you for this thread - especially the TR-8S settings. This is exactly the way I wanted my set-up to work when jamming since things like sub-steps etc. can’t be done on the (as far as I can tell) Pyramid through cc messages etc - it’s kinda the best of both worlds too - because I can do euclidean track etc. on the pyramid while sequencing a more “traditional” rhythm via the TR-8S - either way. thanks!

FWIW for future people I also change the settings on my Pyramid as:

GENERAL SETTINGS > MIDI OUT > MIDI B SYNC = SEND
GENERAL SETTINGS > MIDI OUT > MIDI B START/STOP = SEND

Further Configurations:
MIDI IN PYRAMID > MIDI OUT MPK 261* (my controller - which has AKAI drum pads so can also play drums that way)*
MIDI A > MIO XL > SYNTHS
MIDI B > TR-8S