Ran across an interesting one.
I’m just going to leave this as a ‘hmmm…’ unless someone else has noted something similar, and then maybe we can get some info together to see if it’s us or Pyramid.
Was just playing around with a generative plugin and made some MIDI Clips in Ableton, bounced 'em down, loaded them into a new project (rather, a template project) for the Pyramid.
Noticed I was getting stuck notes with at least one synth.
I checked the MIDI output and noticed that there was no 8x nn vv MIDI Event (Note Off) to correspond with one specific instance. Checked the Pyramid MIDI Monitor, and yup: no Note Off Event (even though the Note Event was finite - I think 2 steps long).
Note: I use the Chance 0% technique to nullify MIDI ouput and this would occur when I set the Chance 0% “On” (thereby nullifying). This technique does not nullify corresponding Note Offs…or rather, it hasn’t in the literal years I’ve been using this technique so I wasn’t sure if it was a “latest OS” issue.
Well, seems it wasn’t - I think.
I opened up Step Mode and noticed that, and I’m probably misrembering now, that the Note Events were displaying as being 2 steps long on the right side of the screen when holding down a pad corresponding to an active event. But the dot display showed 3 steps.
I ‘fixed’ this, or rather: I changed the Note Event to a different Note Length, then returned it to what it should have been (2 steps, displaying as 2 steps). Then everything played fine.
I’ve never had an issue importing MIDI Clips from Ableton.
The software plugin to create the clips is new to me, but I’d think once the clip was in Ableton, modified, and exported that should be a moot point.
I’m thinking perhaps some bizarre export/import(copy-load) thing, or data corruption.
But unless someone else has run into this, I’m not going to pursue documenting/troubleshooting.
Unless you’ve read this far and realise it’s something you’ve run across.
If so, let me know your experience(s) with this curiosity and let’s see if we can figure it out.