Songs composed using HAPAX

Just subscribed to your channel. Holy crap your stuff is so good!

1 Like

this was an experiment that turned into idk what, reminds me of frank zappa

6 Likes

Iā€™ve spent quite a lot of time with the Hapax now, but so far Iā€™ve found it much easier to translate previous ideas to it than to come up with new ones. Not sure, if thatā€™s the Hapaxā€™ fault or mine. Probably mine. But Iā€™ve never enjoyed going back to old stuff before so maybe it isnā€™t even a bad thing. Anyway, hereā€™s something I originally did on Eurorack, back when I had one, rebuilt from scratch, fleshed out, and actually finished.

4 Likes

This is my first full track using Hapax. Still in the learning process, but slowly getting to grips with it. I guess this could be called ambient electro?

Straight from the mixer, quite rough around the edges still.

And despite what is in the video frame, there are other synths involvedā€¦including Peak, Hydrasynth, and Digitone. I focused on Euro because thatā€™s where I am tweaking drum patterns on Metron and messing with the envelope on the Blue Marvin.

3 Likes

Hi,

here is my first track made with Hapax, Vermona Perfoumer mk2 (thru Doctor A, Oto Bam & Boum) and Syntakt for drums duties. Hope youā€™ll enjoy it.

Created this thing for an Elektronauts ā€œAnimatedā€ DnB battle (which I won!). My goal was to learn how to use Song Mode as Iā€™ve always been more of a ā€œJam it out while recording, then cut it into structure in the DAWā€ kind of guy. Thereā€™s roughly 50 patterns spread over 9 or 10 tracks, sequencing Syntakt, Digitakt, Digitone, BS2, Hydrasynth, MM2, and a Nymphes. I learned a lot programming the entire thing on Hapax, most of all that Iā€™ll probably continue to program my drums on the DT/SY (Itā€™s just easier to create variation within the sounds with p-locks, plus the ability to have unique lane lengths), but also that the DN is a lot more fun to program melodically on the Hapax (I was considering selling it before I got the Hapax!).

Anyway, go Voltron

3 Likes

I understand why you won :wink:

1 Like

If anyone is interested in behind the scenes insights, Iā€™ve recorded a whole bunch of long format jams where I use the Hapax for everything from deep house grooves to pads, sample chops playback and playing fieldrecordings :heart::fire:

3 Likes

very nice.

1 Like

mod note: Ive moved this to the music category (from the Hapax category), gives its direction, it feels more appropriate.

perhaps encourage users to create new topics in ā€œmusicā€ to get a bit more visibility.
e.g. artists could create topics in music, to contain all their tracksā€¦ so giving them a nice way to group posts together.

btw : there is nothing to stop you include ā€˜hapaxā€™ in the title, if you think this is important.
eg. House Jam by XXXX (ft. Hapax)

anyway, look forward to hearing more great tracks (with or without video) , hapax, hermod or pyramid :slight_smile:

Just thought to share this here. Hapax controlling Pocket Miku going thru clouds and Nebulae and Typhon Synth in the background.

2 Likes

Well, since this is hereā€¦ First song with Hapax

Edit: Forgot to mention this took about 40 hours to make, which includes learning the Hapax and new drum kit. Was refreshingly easy and SUPER fun! I had a couple of crashes along the way, so SAVE regularly!
Setup is Hapax, TI2 Keys, Syntakt, MonoStation, and Electro 6D.

2 Likes

I ran into weird (new) issues sequencing this track. Hapax would sent the wrong PC message for the first pattern to Syntakt about half the time or change the pattern midway. No idea why, couldnā€™t get it fixed. Felt I had to let go of this track, so I left it as is. Main instruments are Syntakt, Digitone, Opsix, TR-8S. A Minilogue XD comes in at the end.

2 Likes