Settings menu dive structure help request for visually impaired Hapax user

Hi all!

I’m a visually impaired (legally blind, no central vision) musician who has been getting up to speed using the Hapax for a bit now. Naturally, loving the tactile nature and wrangling with committing various menus to memory.

I’m posting here to see if anyone who has installed the new 2.0 beta might be able to offer a bit of menu diving guidance to help me get auto clock in sync set up. by my understanding, the two most helpful new features to help achieve this as seamlessly as possible for me are:

1. The new project auto-load feature, and
  2. The new MIDI clock in auto-detect setting.

My hope is that if I save a project with the auto-detect setting enabled I can basically go forward from there almost never having to worry about syncing to clock from my DAW (Logic Pro).

If you have a moment to help, here is what i could use: A step by step list of button/rotary manipulations to enable midi clock in auto-sync and save it to a project, which I plan (for now) to keep as the ony project on my SD card to auto-load this setting.

Something like: “Power on Hapax, press the settings button, click the down arrow X times, the right arrow Y times, click the primary encoder to select the option, then press Proj A, click the down arrow Z times to save as a new project (I am fine with using the random default proj name)” would be immensely helpful.

I have the physical layout of Hapax controls mapped out so I do know where each button is on the hardware.

Thanks much and happy sequencing!

1 Like

Hi @quincyhoist

I just replied to your email. I’ll post the instructions here as well, as it may help others:

To set the clock source to be DIN A or USB DEVICE, you may proceed as follows:

1. Press “SETTINGS”
  2. To ensure the “SYNC IN” setting list is selected, press the “UP” arrow twice or more
  3. Press the main encoder once to enter “SYNC IN” settings
  4. To ensure the “CLOCK SOURCE” setting is selected, press the “UP” arrow five times or more
  5. Press the “RIGHT” arrow exactly once to start editing the value of the “CLOCK SOURCE” setting
  6. Rotate the main encoder counterclockwise 8 clicks or more, to reset the value to “INTERNAL”
  7. Depending on the desired setting
    • To set the clock source to “MIDI A”, rotate the main encoder clockwise exactly 1 click
    • To set the clock source to “USB DEVICE” (a.k.a. the “printer port”), rotate the main encoder clockwise exactly 3 clicks
    • To set the clock source to “MIDI AUTO”, rotate the main encoder clockwise 7 clicks or more
  8. Press the “LEFT” arrow exactly once to confirm the change
  9. Press “SETTINGS” to exit settings entirely
  10. Press “SETTINGS” once more to jump back to the top-level settings menu
  11. To select “SAVE”, press the “DOWN” arrow twice or more
  12. Press the main encoder once to save your new settings onto your SD card. Settings mode will be exited automatically once the settings are saved.

Please note that the clock settings are not per project, they are saved in the settings file, saved on the SD card independently from project files.

7 Likes