Seeking Octatrack Sampler / Pyramid help

Good morning,

I’m no OctaExpert, but I’m determined to do what has been referenced in a few threads here: sample slice in the Octatrack and choreograph samples in the Pyramid.

Thus far, I have slice a sample on Flex track 6 (I also have a sample on 5 I hope to do the same with), setup midi map to slices and been able to play them as slices on my keystep (if addressed directly to the Octatrack midi channel). What I cannot do is to effectively select slices on the Step sequencer of the Pyramid or to play samples from keystep via the Pyramid. When i set note triggers in Pyramid for -6,-1, 6 for example, I get a stuttering and unending repeat of slice 8 (of 16). It’s puzzling. Any ideas?

Best,
Phil

1 Like

Hi,

One thing to look at is the 1.4 software update for the Octatrack. They added MIDI Trig Modes, which are necessary to trigger specific slices.

I can’t remember what the behavior was before that update… I got my pyramid, noticed that I couldn’t play slices with my keyboard, looked around and did the update… but I can’t recall what it was actually doing, so I can’t say for sure if that is your issue.

Best

Re-reading your question, if you could play slices from the keystep, it’s probably not the OT software version. Sorry about that.

Thank you! I have determined that it was a midi issue. Thankfully (?) :smiley:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.