I’ve been loving the Pyramid. I’m running DAWless and it’s the heart of my production environment.
I do have some features I’d love to have to make using it a bit better:
- Select MIDI Channels for tracks using Pads - it’d be awesome if it were possible to hold Track Channel and hit pad 8 to set the channel to MIDI A 8. While holding Track Channel, the pads would become MIDI channels and the arrows would control the different inputs, i.e. if you want MIDI B 11, you’d hold Track Channel, hit the bank arrow once, then hit pad 11. This is my #1 feature
- Improve text input - I’m not a fan of using the encoder to scroll through the alphabetical keyboard when naming tracks/projects. I’m not sure what I would do to fix this. I was thinking maybe the touchpad could be used as a pointer and the pads would “click” on letters. Another possibility would be having one encoder scroll horizontally and another scroll vertically, making the number of moves to another letter much fewer. Making it quicker to name things will make organization much easier, which is important
- Sequence Euclid Notes - I have recently been having a really great time experimenting with Euclid. It’s surprisingly useful for building rhythmic chord progressions, however, it doesn’t seem possible to sequence changes in notes. I can understand that making the procedural generation interact with Notes would be potentially difficult at the low level, but it’d make Euclid mode much less constraining (no longer having to change the note input live or change tracks/patterns for every note/chord change). It’s possible it already does this and I’m just missing something
More minor features:
- Startup project configuration - I would like for the ability to either select or configure a startup project instead of having to 2nd->Load and scroll through my projects every time I turn on the Pyramid. It seems like this should be a feature already; did I miss it in the manual?
- Latch modes with text labels - This is a pretty minor issue. I’d like to have some sort of text display the Latch mode when selecting it in Track Properties. Having to remember the meaning of the icons is difficult, especially with how rarely I change the modes. I’m not sure where the labels would go in the UI, so that’d have to be figured out
I’m a professional software engineer with 2.5 years of experience working primarily in C in the games industry, so I’m familiar with working in performance-critical environments. I’d be willing to sign whatever and help contribute free of charge to get some of these features in, if it were possible
Update: I just found the main features thread, so I apologize if this topic isn’t appropriate anymore. I can’t figure out how to delete it.