Pyramid with Octatrack

I’ve just got Pyramid it is so amazing!
Than I try to connect with Octatrack.
But hard to find out manipulation from Pyramid.
I want to control some midi functions (ex : pitch, poly, etc) Is it able to control from Pyramid?
I can’t find … because I’m midi newbie. Someone knows how to this. Help me out.

Best

I control the OT with the Pyramid.
There are dozens of ways to approach this, and it depends on how you like to use the OT. What is it that you want to do?

Thanks for reply
Actually I want to use OT as a polysynth.
In other words I wanna that Pyramid transmit the chord signal to OT.

Nice. I do something similar but just 2 note polyphony.

How many notes/OT tracks do you want to use? All of them? Are you using Track 8 as Master?

Probably at least three notes/ 4tracks.
I don’t understand that Track 8 as master.
I want to make OT as slave.
Sorry for the basic question.

What Event Processor are you using?

Or do you want to try to do all the processing on the Pyramid?

yes, I want to try to do on the Pyramid the processing.

Oh, okay.
That easier.
Just put each note on a different Pyramid Track sending to a different Channel.

On the OT, make each Track receive different channels.

Easy peasy.

Oh I got it.
I will try it!
thanks so much your advice~
Happy new year~ :slight_smile:

thought I’d bump an Octatrack thread - given the new 1.40 update its just got…

the new 1.40 firmware has, I think, makes integrating the Octatrack and Pyramid, much more interesting

in particular, we can now trig slices/slots with notes (without a midi processor, and lag!).
this can also be done ‘per track’ , so you can still leave one track, for controlling things like the sequencer.

another feature, I want to test wth the Pyramid is tempo per pattern.
so swich patterns changes tempo, question is how quickly will the Pyramid ‘catch up’ (if externally clocked to OT), will it stay in time - in fairness, I think not… but perhaps some experimentation might yield results.

any other features in 1.40 that might be interesting for Pyramid integration?

1.40 is definitly making me reexamine the role of the OT in my setup :slight_smile:

This OT update is quite exciting.
The OT seems to shine when it is the “brain” but for myself being an idiot it was more work than desired to be just another device downstream.

This update had me re-integrating the OT into my rig immediately with desired results.

I still want to test if i run across latency or lag when i have a full 128 sample slots full, and also stick my round robin script back in (OT rampler?!?). Hopefully it wont be a focus suck, but it has definitely made the OT usable for my rig, workflow, and abilities.

yeah, its had me re-arranging things quite a bit here…

I like the OT sequencer alot (its a nice contrast to the pyramid)
but the pyramid brings > 64 steps, and euclid patterns… so i was quite disappointed with the ‘triggering’ possibilities of the OT when i got it, but now its pretty much what id hoped for…

now the OT can play nicely as the brain, or let you drive from the pyramid.