Program changes, >help!

Hi, new to forum here. I need help with the program changes on the Pyramid. So essentially I am familiar with a vast majority of the features of the Pyramid, however I cant seem to figure out the program changes. This is the setup: I have a Blofeld and would like 2 tracks to be playing 2 presets at the same time. I have tried 2ND+TRACK and MSB/LSB but that only works for me on the currently selected track, not on multiple tracks. For example: from the Pyramid transmitting to the Blofeld I want preset A020 to play on track 1 and I want to play preset C019 independently on track 2 without interfering with preset A020 on track 1. Can anyone please help me out with this?

Make sure track 2 is set to a different MIDI channel. Also the Blofeld may need to be set to multi mode, or whatever they call it on that synth.

1 Like

Hi wavymilk,

Perhaps I’m not understanding what you’re asking, but to get “preset A020 to play on track 1 and … play preset C019 independently on track 2”, I don’t think you need to get the Pyramid to send program changes.

The Blofeld is 16 part multitimbral so it can play up to 16 different presets at the same time. The presets can be on the same MIDI channel (i.e. layered or stacked), different channels, or any mix. If you’re not already familiar with it, check out Multi Mode in the Blofeld manual (starts on page 24). The manual doesn’t do a great job of explaining it, but I think Multi Mode on the Blofeld is what you’re looking for.

In the piece I’m working on now, I have drums (kick, snare, closed hat) on 3 MIDI channels (10, 11, 12) being driven by 3 Pyramid tracks (01A, 02A, and 03A). I have a bass patch on MIDI channel 1 driven by Pyramid track 01B, and a lead patch on MIDI channel 2 driven by Pyramid track 05B. All of that going into one Blofeld and all playing at the same time.

Hope this helps.

Moose

2 Likes