Patterns of different length

Hey folks! I’m a bit new to the Pyramid but I’m having an issue that’s holding me back.

I’m setting up my tracks as individual drum parts and have a variety of different patterns under each drum part. Most of these tracks are set up in 4 bar patterns until I get comfortable and more creative.

I’m also running a synth bass and putting different patterns under the synth bass track.

The synth bass track patterns I’m I’m using are, for example, 4 bars, 1 bar, 4 bars.

When I switch to the pattern that is one bar everything seems to work as planned, but when I switch back to a 4 bar track there is often an empty hole in the bass as the 4 bar drum patterns march by towards bar 1. Is there a way I can make the pattern switch on the next downbeat so I don’t wind up with empty holes?

Thanks much!
Rick

not quite sure I follow,

but I suspect what you need to look at the settings that deal with quantization of changes.

in particular TRACKMUTE DELAY, PATTERN DELAY , DEFAULT PERFORM

its sound like your interested in PATTERN DELAY
it defaults to SEQ PERFORM,
which is the number under SEQ -> PERFORM

see:

(yes, this is used even when your not really using SEQ if its set to SEQ_PERFORM)

you might also want to look at track run modes

its an area that is pretty logical once you know it, but can be a little confusing at first.
its very powerful meaning that you can easily cue up pattern/mute/seq changes

of course, if you don’t like it… then you can alway set it to INST (instant, or beat) and manage the timing yourself.

2 Likes

Thanks mate, you sent me to the right menu. I’ll get this figured out! :slight_smile:

1 Like