So I had the idea of creating chords using my Rample paired with my KLANG ( a 4 voice polyphonic controller that allows to output the four notes of a chord). My process would be this:
- Create a one-note sample in Ableton- in this case, a piano sample of a middle C
- Save the same sample as 1C.wav/ 2C.wav/ 3C.wav/ 4C.wav into a folder and load it into Rample
- Assign the CV inputs to be 1v/oct
- Send pitch cv from KLANG into the Rample inputs
- Trigger samples with a mult clock from PNW.
This seems to work ok so far but I have a few questions:
When the samples are triggered they seem to play in a slightly delayed sequence- so 1C and 2C play almost simultaneously but the 3C slightly after and 4C slightly delayed as well- so that 4C ends up playing by itself for a bit - Why is this happening? and can I fix it so all four samples play at once? They are all the same exact sample.
Also Rample is supposed to have a two-octave range, but let’s say C5 is the middle C on the KLANG. If I move the encoder to C4 it plays the C an octave lower as expected. However, when I move the encoder to C6 it plays the same note as C4. What am I doing wrong?
Is there a way to save the CV INPUT settings so that it defaults to 1v/oct on startup?
Thanks for any help!