Midi Interface for Hapax?

Squarp said this is on their feature list, but couldn’t offer any timeframe, sadly.

Now that I have begun to incorporate the Hapax into my studio, I can see I really do need a midi router to be able to change where the Hapax sequences are going, without being limited to four devices or pulling midi cables manually (through midi–no eurorack here) and to be able to more easily identify where each of the tracks on the Hapax are going. I ended up ordering an MRCC from Perfect Circuit (they are back in stock there and offer free shipping). Fingers crossed that it will suit me better than my current midi router (see above).

2 Likes

Hello, I am basically going through the exact same decision-making process as you. Been using an M8U-EX for a few years… works OK but not ideal. Hybrid setup with awesome DAW integration but would like to rely less on DAW and do more straight from HAPAX… so will need to re-calibrate my entire MIDI setup (lots of MIDI devices and modular). I am heavily leaning towards getting the MRCC and just keeping the M8U as standalone splitter/router.

That said, how has the MRCC been working out for you? Specifically regarding the flexibility of using with or without DAW, depending on the mood as you mentioned. Thanks.

I love using the MRCC with the Hapax in a DAWless setup–easy peasy, and no hindrances, even using several controllers going in with multiple devices on the receiving end. On the other hand, I have basically given up using it with my DAW (Logic). Getting logic to see it is fine (although it only sees the ports, and I haven’t given the time needed to name the ports for the devices specifically). The UI implementation for the USB ports on the MRCC is not at all intuitive, and I have found it flaky. I think others have had success using it with their DAW (go to the MRCC website’s forum).

1 Like