I just ordered a Hapax! (Order update?)

Yes, that’s normal in most countries.

Any news about release of second batch and improvement of the failing encoders?

No news I believe.

Btw, the encoders are not failing, only some of the plastic caps slide too far over the encoder shaft. It is easy to fix it yourself by just adding a piece of paper, but I’m sure Squarp will make sure the next batch doesn’t suffer from this issue anyway. They also supply new encoder caps for anyone that has problems with them.

Squarp is just a small company, but their service is superb!

FWIW, just ordered my Hapax last night. Expected ship date is now September. BTW, I had to go through the ordering process three times, using two different cards (should have just used PayPal). Both card banks declined due to “fraud alert.” I guess because I am ordering directly from France. Had to confirm with my bank via text that it was a “real” transaction, and buy it again (then checked to make sure Squarp only showed one on order). I’ve never bought a product with such a long wait time before, but I knew I really wanted one of theses and if I wait until September, the ship date might be March 2023. Maybe it will come sooner, and even if it doesn’t, that’s okay. I don’t love them holding onto my money for that long with no product in hand though.

3 Likes

Ordered mine today , use PayPal , I did order one a couple of weeks back from a uk store for aug ,I had those fraud issue then when using my bank cards , the shop emailed me Friday , saying they were no longer getting any , should of just ordered direct then , roll on September !

1 Like

Ordered 3/3. Anyone heard anything about the June batch?

Another question: anyone know if Hapax can power/charge another gear from it’s USB ports?

Well I’ve powered MPE controllers such as the Sensel Morph, Linnstrument and Roli Seaboard Blocks off of my Hapax without issue (individually, not all at the same time).

1 Like

We sent an email to everyone who ordered as part of the June batch. Due to past COVID restrictions, it has been a bit delayed, but the units should still be delivered by the end of June.

Yes, the power supply of Hapax is beefy enough to power fairly power-hungry devices.

4 Likes

Last night, I put in my back order, after Jean confirmed that MIDI control over moving from song section to song section is in the roadmap, albeit with no specific time commitment.

What pushed me over the edge was reading the MIDI implementation chart for the Pyramid. The features I want are there. I would be very surprised if they didn’t make it into the Hapax at some time.

I’m very excited about what Hapax will do for my now DAW-focused (and frustrating) workflow!

as this has latest ‘status’ for June Order status, updated title … hopefully get people to come here.

so we dont end up with lots of ‘wheres my hapax?’ topics … as we approach end of June, so expectations are high.
unless @Thibault_Squarp you’d like to have a new order status topic to keep people informed?

please note:
lets have a bit of patience here, what with pandemics affecting china still, and also component shortages… every company is facing delays - and often even they do not know exactly when to expect shipments - so dates are likely just what they are being told, rather than definitive.

of course, if its weeks after the ‘expected date’ (now end June?), sure reach out to Squarp, or perhaps they will post here.

also, seems like @Thibault_Squarp did send out an email to those that have ordered, so if you didnt receive any email, might be wise to check spam folders etc.

I am in the September batch, even though I ordered mine in mid-May, and I don’t mind waiting. Its a really new product, so in a way, I am glad I am not in the first or second batch, so they can work out kinks in production, sourcing, etc.

I do hope everyone who was promised “June” will get their’s by the end of June. Looks good for the company, and also hopefully means there will be a lot more activity here on the forums for me to learn about the Hapax before mine arrives in the fall.

I’m in the late June batch but haven’t received any emails from Squarp since May 20th. Checked my spam folder too. Did I miss something?

1 Like

Yeah I didn’t get an email either, only found out on here was further delays.
I’m going to email Squarp soon to try get an update…
I do understand the situation and don’t blame squarp at all…
but getting the parts from China to assemble in Europe to ship Australia might be a tough ask to achieve by end of June unless find out it’s shipped this week…
I may be wrong about facts here which is very possible though…

Im waiting for other things to arrive and waiting to move house and something at work which is all adding to my impatience :joy:

hmm, given @Thibault_Squarp post above,
sounds like you should contact Squarp if you didn’t get an email… just to check they have the correct email for your pre-order.

also, maybe worth subscribing via their new newsletter form…not sure if they are posting updates that way too…

indeed, thats why I said, Id treat any dates as their ‘best guess’ rather than any kind of ‘deadline’.

note: Ive no info on this from Squarp, so I don’t know the status… just trust they are trying all they can to get things shipped asap.

Im seeing this with other manufactures at the moment… they can only tell you what they know.
they are also doing a bit of balancing act… there is no point in sending out a ‘weekly update’, if it’s all just a ‘best guess’ and keeps changing…
so many are just sending out updates as the previous date goes by :frowning:

don’t get me wrong, its not ideal, perhaps frustrating esp. when you’re excited to get a new product.
but unfortunately, its just where the electronics/shipping industry is at the moment.

I think we have to bare in mind, this is hurting manufactures (like Squarp)… even more than the users!
think how many Hapax could have gone out the door IF Squarp had full stock availability… that hurts cash-flow, which is important when you have just finished a big dev project like Hapax.

so… as frustrating as it is, even with my Osmose ( 2 year wait?), I cut expressive-e some slack, and just let them get on with their job… even if they (thru no fault of their own) keep missing ‘deadlines’. Lend them support, and not add to their woes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ah, I missed @Thibault_Squarp’s response a couple of weeks back. I think he was referring to the May 20th email I already received. My guess is there hasn’t been another since then. I took your post from yesterday to mean that another email has been sent recently, but that’s probably not the case.

I’m not trying to be a jerk just looking forward to getting my hapax delivered…

Sorry but in this case I would of canceled my order if was me, the company might go bust if they can’t get you the product you paid for in 2 years. Nothing to do with adding to their woes…

Osmose pre-orders involved paying only a fraction of the full price up front, we dont pay the rest yet.

2 Likes

I’ve also come close to cancelling my order a couple of times, and then I watch a video of someone playing it and then I don’t.

yeah, as @SteveElbows , we paid a kind of deposit (300 euros) - and that also secured a very preferential price :slight_smile: and as @Loz pointed out, you always had the choice of cancelling at anytime. (as I guess is the case with the Hapax) , so the choice to wait or not was our own.

as for going bust… sure, thats always a risk, but even when you get a product thats a risk, as failure will mean no future support.

but in these cases , the point is, delays are beyond their control… not a sign of failing companies. however, if everyone cancelled their Osmose, that could well have implications financial for ExpressiveE, but fortunately it appears most are sitting it out ‘patiently’.

but for sure, its easy to get impatient/frustrated whilst waiting for the Osmose…
I keep telling myself, “It’ll come when it comes” and try to forget about it… and do so petty well, but every time a new email comes saying its delayed (again), of course, I get a feeling of ‘oh no, not again’, even though I expected the delay… but I guess theres always hope that the next email will say they are delivering next week! (*)

anyway, just like the hapax, the wait will be worthwhile… and a week after we get it, the wait will be forgotten.

(*) funny, in a similar way, I recently had to wait for a Valve Steam Deck …( about a year?), they sent out no email updates, and I think I preferred that… I really did just forget about it, until, I suddenly got an email saying I could pay the rest, and the following week it turned up :slight_smile:

I would still never do a Kickstarter for anything like that, though. Done it for a couple of books, but never laid any serious money on one, far too many horror stories.

1 Like