Feature request - MONO Sequencer Type

this would well support a variety of synths etc. which support duophonic, 4 note paraphonic etc.

i was under the impression that a mono mode is on the sound source, not the sequencer. but i welcome features that will do something worthwhile and unique

2 Likes

It will also help a lot with overview - when you input a new note on a column that already has another note it’s very handy if that old note gets removed automatically.

6 Likes

I requested a mono mode. My request was that it support cv note slides between notes and some kind of accent mode. Also threw in an idea about parameter-locks on notes as an alternate automation mode. I think they have it on the roadmap but it’s not like the top priority.

1 Like

Would be great addition/option for the mono mode!

1 Like

Mono mode would be really nice , It would be really cool to get a 303 Algo or 303 Sequencer for bass lines. A mono sequencer and a 303 Algo could be really cool.

im using polyend tracker with hapax and oh man this is too cool! i can control the track volumes, live mode, many other things with LFOs on my hapax. i just tried it because i got a used tracker and wow.

anyway, that might satisfy a ‘mono’ style sequencer pretty well and provide hours of fun!

Mono mode is one of the things holding me back from buying this TBH. Part of my composition/exploration process is to step sequence a repeating pattern I like, and then see how it works as a progression by moving that minor 7th to a 9th, etc. exploring quick simple changes to a repeating 1 bar phrase that gives it a little bit of movement.

I’m not a good keys player, as I suspect many people who use a grid style sequencer are not.

I don’t know if I could play “dear prudence” on a piano, but using the above method I could come up with a similar style melodic progression that slowly “modulates” diatonically, if you will.

But this is infinitely harder and less inspiring if I’m constantly having to turn off one step to turn on another one. In a proper mono sequencer track, hitting a new note on the same beat where a note already exists, it will overwrite the previous note with the new note. Giving you a fast and inspiring melodic phrase exploration tool.

4 Likes

For what it’s worth (and without commenting on the usefulness of a mono mode generally), the way I’d approach this on the Hapax currently is not to delete the old note and insert a new one, but rather move the old note. Much less hassle that way.

1 Like

I have an oxi one, which can also “move” notes, maybe in the same way?

It’s definitely infinitely faster to just tap a new pad.

1 Like

Yeah this would be exactly how I’d hope a mono mode/type would be implemented

1 Like

Just a thought… although I agree a mono mode would make sense, surely if the track was routed to a CV output then that could force such behaviour, such as Generate not allowing note overlaps.

1 Like