Encoder switch issue (pre June 2022 units)

They told me that they’re looking into it and could mail out new knobs if they change in the future. They did acknowledge the issue, which is great.

2 Likes

I had issues but after a while of pressing it, i think mines ok.

I havent got these issues at all so far. Mine was part of the batch that arrived last week, but mine does have an incredibly low serial number.

I spoke too soon. Looks like I’ll be making paper balls tonight lol

Same issue here mainly on the right encoder knob. Tiny blutacks in the caps shall commence. All the left ones were loose in the box when I opened it.

I had one loose in the box. So far so good on clicking but I’m just a few hours in.

Starting with a new project

2nd + Fill = Assign

Assign mode

pushing down on encoders 1-7 brings up a menu

pushing down on encoder 8 nothing happens

just me?

Sounds like it could be the knob issue discussed here:

tl:dr — add a small bit of paper to the knob

1 Like

looks like that was the cause, the knob was pushed down to far.

thanks

1 Like

moved topic to existing topic

Hapax topics are very active at the moment , please search for existing related topics before creating new ones.

1 Like

Hi new Hapax owner here. I’m definitely having the encoder issue. informal survey here, how many people are still impacted by the encoder? What’s been the most effective fix to date? Thanks

@zeroapr I think everyone should be affected by this — the knobs are too deep. A small bit of paper or tape should do the trick.

I haven’t run into this issue yet, luckily. I still plan to order some new knobs with set screws on my next BOM ordering spree, but for now everything is working fine.

What is the status of the warranty here? If you apply the paper, are you voiding the warranty? I’ve read the entire thread and I’m seeing people using new spacers and nuts. Is that going to void the warranty. I think it would be helpful to know how far a new buyer should try to remedy this on their own.

I don’t mean to rant, but i spent a good deal of my $ on this. And I’m not relishing the idea of voiding my warranty here.

My pyramid doesn’t have this problem so I’m just really frustrated. Apologies for my frustrated tone.

I’m surprised by how willing everyone has been to open up and modify their Hapax. I’ve done my fair bit of hardware restoration projects, but never on a brand new device. So I have to again emphasize my point, why aren’t folks asking Hapax to take them back and fix them?

I am 99% sure you won’t void the warranty if you put a bit of paper underneath the knobs, you’re not actually opening it up.

I’ve not had the issue yet, but did have it on my Pyramid. They changed the knobs on the Pyramid in the end, so guess they’ll do this for future Hapax releases (although maybe not in time for July I guess)

Thanks. That is reassuring.

So is the paper under the knobs the definitive fix that won’t void warranty?

Why are folks going the extra step though with these nuts and spacers? Is that going to void warranty?

Can they change the knobs out for the first buyers?

You’d have to check with Squarp. But pulling the knobs off and putting them back on again will be fine.

Again, you’d have to check with Squarp. Send them a message on the contact form.

Do you have a Hapax ? If so what has been their response to you?