Do someone want to speak about a possible editor?

it doesn’t seem to be that easy to duplicate or move a whole track to another track (including all the settings) so that might be useful with an editor

also right now I need to renumber tracks in my projects, so I have to do it manually: I renumber the midi files and then I edit the core.pyr file and move and renumber the track settings using a text editor

btw seeing all the settings visualized on one big screen might potentially help debugging some problems caused by some obscure setting

1 Like

The biggest benefit of an editor, that I can see, is the ability to copy tracks from other projects into a new/currently active project, because the Pyramid OS is not currently capable of doing this, though I have absolutely no idea why.

The ability to renumber tracks without having to copypasta might be cool, but… it could also lead to havoc if one accidentally overwrites onto a track they had not intended to replace.

1 Like

I think a desktop editor would definitely be handy if it was understood that it existed to do the things that people understand just won’t be going on to the Pyramid…

As a warehouse for common beat patterns… with the ability to just make the patterns you know you use all the time once in the editor… then easily exportable in to a midi track with awareness of what the Pyramid is looking for and how best to present it for importing in to the Pyramid.

Perhaps there is also a Definition database… You store your definitions in the editor… then when you are switching equipment you just go in to the editor and check or uncheck which synths are actually going to be plugged in… Do an export and all the definitions for the synths you are going to be using are loaded on to the sdcard at once…

I think it’s important to understand that the Pyramid is already a sort of swiss army knife for performative midi… Just because we might use a swiss army knife doesn’t preclude us from needing other purpose specific tools.

I think we’d be blown away to know how much they have actually packed in to the firmware currently… I think it would be helpful for us to remember that the product is in the bug squashing portion of it’s life and that whether we want to believe it or not… It is mostly feature complete… and that if we do get new features… we should regard them as icing… not cake.