CV + Pyramid N00b Question

I’m fairly comfortable using my Pyramid with all things MIDI, however, I’m a total n00b when it comes to CV. About a year ago I purchased and built a DIY Synth that makes noise fine on its own, however, I’d love to be able to control / program it via my Pyramid but am just lost.

On the unit there’s a CV In (maroon wire) and audio out (green wire). I’ve set the track on Pyramid to CV / GATE - but from there I’m at a loss. When I turn on synth I just hear the single note drone of the synth - there’s no control happening from Squarp.

Any idea on what next steps would be needed? i.e.

1. From CV In on synth, where do I plug that in on back of Pyramid?
  2. Any additional settings I need to adjust under “CV / PEDAL” ?

1. From CV In on synth, where do I plug that in on back of Pyramid?

Pyramid CV Out goes to Synth CV In.
Pyramid Gate Out goes to Synth Gate In (doesn’t sound applicable here so only the pitch of the note would be controlled by the Pyramid)

1. Any additional settings I need to adjust under “CV / PEDAL” ?

It’s possible that the voltage settings might matter but number 1 is the important first step.

1 Like

Thanks @sirshannon - in the above picture I think I have CV OUT going to CV In on the synth, even tried unplugging / plugging in to different spots on the back of Pyramid w/no luck - just same old droney sound coming from synth - still can’t control anything on synth from pyramid, will keep experimenting.

The photo above isn’t a clear picture of what’s plugged in but from what I can see, it looks like there is a cable plugged into the Pyramid’s CV in and nothing plugged into the Pyramid’s CV out.

Thanks again for the reply and guidance, my guess is I messed something up on the build of the synth, will test out CV with a more reliable synth later this week, cheers!

1 Like

Be sure to tell us more about the synth in the photo. Looks interesting.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.