Clock settings...1/16?

on this page explaining the clock settings, the available options for the CLOCK DIV OUT are listed as 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, and 1/1.

http://squarp.net/hermod_settings

is there an option to send 1/16 or 1/32 clock as a clock division?

how about odd time divisions?

Reading further, it seems I could program a gate pattern with a 1/16 division to use as a clock. Is this the best way to output 1/16 clock?

Hi dphl,
In Clock settings, you can out a clock at fixed 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32 without programming a pattern. But no odd time division available.

i don’t have a hermod, but i think the reason is , its a clock divider, not a clock…
clock dividers are often div of 2, the reason being they are relative to the incoming clock tempo
e.g. imagine you having a incoming pulse as a 1/32nd @ 120 bpm, then the 1/2 will given you 1/16, 1/8 will given 1/4 etc.

given you only have one divided output, id say its main use would be to drive another sequencer (or similar), running at slower rate.

one thing, id be interested in… if you don’t have an incoming analog clock, and use the internal clock , what does the div out output?

1 Like

I’m a bit sad since I can’t send the 1/1 signal out … only 1/4 or higher numbers … is there really no way to just output the gate?