Changing multiple patterns at once - is there a knack?

I’ve been finding that in the pattern view with my song playing, when I try and change patterns on multiple tracks at once, sometimes it doesn’t change, which is pretty frustrating.
I’ve been trying to diagnose it to see if it’s a bug or just me doing something weird and when it doesn’t work I can see the pads flashing red briefly as well as a quick flash on the left screen. I’ve done a quick test and if I’m quick and accurate it changes ok, but I think that if I press the pads for slightly too long, or if I change say 2 pads at once, but I press one of them slightly before the other, I think it’s trying to switch to use selection mode. Does that sound right?
Here’s a very quick video (no sound) to show the behaviour

1 Like

Have you tried setting a longer Hold time in settings/misc menu?

Mine is on extra slow.:turtle:

4 Likes

Thanks Lars, no I haven’t. I’m not aware of that setting. I’ll give it a go tomorrow and report back :+1:

3 Likes

ok, yes, this seems to do the job.
Certainly if it’s set to ‘fast’ then it becomes very difficult to trigger multiple patterns.
On ‘Extra Slow’ I think it will be ok for me.
But it sets this back to ‘normal’ speed on every reboot, unless I’m missing a way to save it as default?

2 Likes

There is a specific “Save Settings” option in the settings menu. Otherwise you’ll lose any changes after powering off.

4 Likes

perfect, thank you. It even works with the midi sync settings, so I’m happy with that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Another pro tip: Set up an ideal template and save it as “Default”. Then you have an option to load that when creating a new project.

6 Likes

Cheers. I’m finding my way around still, but really enjoying the process so far :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah ha. That’s why I don’t have the option to use a Default template, because I haven’t made one.

3 Likes