Arperggiator on LIVE input, i.e. no recording

Hello,

apologies if this is a basic question, I could not find any clear answers anywhere.

Do MIDI Effects apply only on recorded sequences or also to what is being played live through Hermod ? In other words, can I plug a MIDI controller into Hermod, select a track, set the Arp effect on it and use the arpeggiator on live playing without actually recording anything ?

Many thanks,
Peter

Yes, midi fx are applied to everything that comes out of a track. You can play with a keyboard and have the fx applied to what you are playing

thanks Alberto !

one more thing, can I play several incoming controllers (or zones) on different channels that go to different tracks and get arp on all of them simultaneously ?

and the cherry on the cake - if I record the sequence AND play along on the same channel, will both the sequence and LIVE trigger arps ? Wow, if this is possible, Hermod is a real powerhouse ! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Cheerio,
Peter

yes, just put an arp fx on every track. yes, a track will play a recorded sequence and any note you play live simultaneously, of course there will be overlapping if using cv out as it can only play 1 note at a time, if you use midi on a poly synth there shouldn’t be any problems

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.