7000 events limit per project?

Are you back? Great…

I am new to the Pyramid and was a bit disappointed by the max number of notes/events but at least it is up to 10000 like my MMT-8 that I was trying to upgrade from.

not for long bro. not for long.
I have been waiting so long some reaction… some change but never came. Pity
I feel a bit sad cus not one of my requests has been never taken in account.
maybe stupid ideas ?
who knows ?
I don’t think I am part of this comunity anymore.
so I have to let it go. :frowning:
cheerso dear

well there’s only so much physical memory on the hardware…

I’d really love to see the number of sequences doubled as well. Sequences just point to groups of tracks/patterns, so it shouldn’t actually require a whole lot more memory. Hell, I’d give up a thousand or two thousand events if it meant doubling the number of sequences per project.

1 Like

more sequences would be fine, but I’d really like to see an all around better implemented SEQ section at some point. It really feels unfinished. I hope they haven’t thrown in the towel on it!

I wouldn’t complain about increased sequences, but actually I’d rather see developments that reduce the need for more sequences, if you catch my drift.

1 Like

Like say… per track pattern sequencing? Maybe with a chance/random feature thrown in there so that one could say… copy some of the patterns from one track to a new track, which would play a randomly chosen pattern every…4th bar? Something like that? If that’s what you’re drifting toward, then yes, I’m with you as well.

3 Likes

Yes, that sort of thing.

“Jump to next/random pattern on repeat” would seem like a useful thing for eg varying drum-fills without wasting sequences just to play a different four-note fill at the end of a track.

I can’t imagine per track pattern sequencing being added to SEQ mode at this point, but what might somehow still fit into the Pyramid architecture is a Pattern FX which could be used to control the selected pattern of tracks by an FX event. Or something to that direction.

4 Likes

Why not place it in the Track section? Access it in Pattern mode by hitting the Display key? Maybe implement it as a particular CC, with 0 as a blank pattern, and 127 as a random, all the others being arbitrarily assignable, and each pattern change would be taken as a midi event?

I’m only thinking FX as it seems like the route with least missing pieces to implement, and that way it’d be assignable to incoming CC too. I simply doubt we’ll see any major new UI modes or anything like that, but only Squarp knows. We can dream of course…

Program change on PyraMIDI channel (MSB for track, LSB for pattern) could be another possible way of implementing it with zero UI changes, but that’d require loopback MIDI cabling to use.

If you’re using loopback with an event processor, i ran a nodal type system that embedded triggers into the patterns to invoke a randomised change, where the possibility for transition was based on what i think is like a brownian motion thing. Or something.

4 parallel Tracks with similar but different melodic information. I use an alternate way of muting/unmuting as i use the Pyramid Sequencer constructs in a different way. So i just turn on/off Tracks by sending CC info into the Pyramid, but not PyraMIDI

Embedded trigger is a Note On Note 0 Event where the Velocity indicates a complexity value for the transition.

Think of the 4 Tracks playing as increasing in complexity, for communication purposes. It gets way more complex otherwise. Heh so Track01 is the simplest expression of a melodic or rhythmic phrase and 4 the most complex.

A Seq turns on one of the Tracks. It plays until one of these 0 Note Events happens, ehich triggers the Event Processor to make a decision about whether to stay on this Track, increment by 1, or decrement by 1. This is based on a random # generated by a MIDI LFO using a S&H BTW.

The velocity of the 0Note Event affects the complexity: higher numbers of Velocity increase the chance the Track will change, and for a larger range (i think i made 127 to indicate the Track WIL change, to ANY, and definitely not stay on it’s current Track)

I dedicated 4 Tracks to a rhythm on this system. I like it better than a pure Chance by Note or PPQN because it allows to me to think that “hey, if i play this bit here, it’s 1/2 a beat, but if i play the first fee i should play them all”.

In hindsight i should have made Velocity indicate possible destination tracks. So, a change at beat 1 ee might not be able to go from Track 1 to 2, but can go from Track 1 to 3, etc.

Next step is to make the Random number generator plot out melodies and rhythms and store that info in the Event Processor to affect these changes. Or, not sure where im taking this.

2 Likes

No way for a loop-back to work in a live setting. One has to be able to input notes to the sequencer from other sources, like an external keyboard, etc…

As @CreepyPants wrote above, “If you’re using loopback with an event processor”, and if you’re not… chances are you’re not loopbacking.

I’m eagerly and impatiently waiting for my MidiHub, until then loopback is just too much hassle to bother with.

2 Likes

You can loopback without an event proc, no?
Bank A Tracks send MIDI LFO info, send out on Port B loopback to DIN In, Omni Mode: Multitrack Bank B, Assign the CC info to “do stuff” on Tracks on Bank B…?

So can then set a Pattern in a Track in Bank A that turns on/off Tracks, or cyclically changes an Arp style, etc. on Bank B Tracks

Did i miss something?
Im a little baked.
Sorry.

Yeah, you missed the need to use the input port for other things, such as a live keyboard :slight_smile:

1 Like

Two inputs…?
I used to hate USB MiDI but as long as a computer isnt involved, im all for it! In AND out on the same…umm…ermm…“slot”.

My only two keyboard controllers are both USB MIDI or capable (Prophet 12 and Impact LX49), tho. So…Ymmv

Im not even using my DIN In on the Pyramid and i do (i think) a lot of loopback and control of the Pyramid from external sources

Right, there is a second input in USB. But to use it, you need a USB host device - a computer or some other box (such as that event processor…) for the purpose.

(once again this is getting pretty far off-topic for the thread :joy:)

3 Likes

Yeah. Sorry about the hijack
I get confused on some of the USB stuff and i forget that i have my processor on all the time. At the least it just FAs the Pattern Changes on the OT so i can forget about syncing pattern changes…and then i lose a week if i change my processor scrupt because i forgot to copy that one over and i forget i use it. Lol

I don’t think it’s off topic at all. We are all talking about current limitations, and features we feel would be valuable additions, as well as possible workarounds to achieve stated goals.

1 Like