7 patterns per track not 8

Is the number of patterns per track effectively 7 not 8? To create a section with only one or two tracks active (i.e. like most intros) you either need an empty pattern for the tracks you don’t want, or patterns with no events or events muted.

Or am I missing the way to select only the required one or two patterns for a section?

1 Like

it’s 8 (you can mute tracks as a whole with the Mute button if you’ve maxed out patterns for a given track). but it’s more convenient and visual to have an empty on the bottom row for composing and in Perf playback, so sort of 7

1 Like

I think it would be better if sections could have no pattern selected for the unwanted tracks (rather than having to keep an empty pattern selected).

no argument here (especially when you later add a pattern to a track that didn’t have one when you first created the section(s))

2 Likes

and after trying to add an eighth pattern to a track, hoping that I could also record the track mute as a section state . . . apparently not. so yeah, effectively seven patterns if you want to arrange sections in a song. bummer.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.