3 steps on hermod?

for the love of god some one help me figure out how to set up a sequence only 3 steps long , not 4 not 8 not 12 not 16 I just need a looping sequence with only 3 steps please help!!! thanks in advance

Unfortunately this is not possible, also 5,7,9 etcetc steps…

Me too I just can’t loop 11 or 10 step. All the most interesting lenght for polyrythmic are not possible. this should be fixed. This is a bug !

Erm NO this perfectly possible
It can be done before or after recording into a channel, so: go to Step hold Y (it says length) and turn the encoder. You have 1-64 units which are basic beats. You could start with a 4/4 pattern and cut it down to a 3/4 thing. Or allongate a 4/4 to 7/4 no Problem-live on the go! What is NOT possible in the basic step programming, are beats like 9/15 or 5/7 for example as the grid is even. What i havent tried out but i‘m quite sure is possible are these workarounds:

1. use the Euclid effect. You could have a 9 beats long pattern and a euclid effect that cycles in 15.
  2. have two channels trigger 1 Source. One channel cycles 5 beats and the other 7.

I have not played with the idea of odd metrics because frankly i don’t get excited by them…