1V/Oct Sample Mapping possible with Rample? - Double Bass Sample Pack

Ahoi Ramplers,
i am looking for a Double Bass Sample Pack suitable for Rample.
At the moment i try to utilize the following samples for double bass pluck sounds:
https://musical-artifacts.com/artifacts/95

This one features 32bit samples which have to be converted first.
But apart from this; it would be neccessary to map ~130 sample files (11 different notes with about 12 layers each)

Whats the best way to implement this on the rample?

In order to be able to play all samples with a quantized/scaled CV input, the best solution would be to map certain sample files to a CV range.
Is this even possible with the Rample Module?

Cheers :slight_smile:

Hey Konrad, it’s not possible to create multi-sampled instruments with the Rample.
It’s possible to map one voice chromatically over three octaves. You can still create 12 different layers for this voice, and have them triggered randomly for variation. This is the information from the manual:

Chromatic midi mode / keyboard split

Go to SETTINGS > SP1 (or SP2, SP3, SP4) and scroll right to the very end. Select the midi range (note number range) that your keyboard will control. You can see it as a keyboard split, that allows to play samples as chromatic notes, on a range of 2 octaves (corresponding to pitch -50% to +100%).

For example, if you set SP1 = 48 60 72, your midi keyboard will play SP1 across 2 octaves :
the midi note 48 (C-1) will pitch the sample one octave below,
the midi note 60 (C) will trig with no pitch change,
the midi note 72 (C+1) will pitch one octave above.

Tip it’s great to play with piano/synthesizer samples that have been captured in C, so the C key of your midi keyboard will correspond to the C note of the sample.

As each of your 4 samples can be set to a different range or to a simple midi note, it allows a great flexibility for midi mapping.

Hello Kabuki, thanks for your Input.
Yeah, for certain samples pitch-shifting works, but not in this case.
So i will try to use a ZZZ Disting Ex for the job instead…

But would be interesting to have something like a Name Convention for the Wav-Files, i.e. to assign Layers to different CV-Levels or similar…

The naming convention is fairly straighforward:

x samplename y

With x being 1-4 for the voice, and y 1-12 for the layer.
You can then assign CV input 1 for instance to select the layer of the voice to trigger different layers with different CV values

Thanks for sharing this.
Is this actually part of the manual?

I knew about the x part of the filename as it is pointed out in the documentation, but assumed the amount of files per voice would define the layers per voice?!

So i will give it a try and add “1” to “12” to some filenames to see if it the convention works.

Excerpt from the manual:

Sample layer names are numerically and alphabetically sorted

Appending 1-12 to a consistent sample name is a clear way to order them, but it is not necessary.

1 Like

Thanks Thibault, thats also what i got from the manual.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.