There was some chat last week about lack of user defined/pentatonic scales.
I found a crude (and limited) but ‘playable’ workaround.
- Enable pattern mode in your instrument track
- In pattern 1 add the first note of your scale
- Set pattern run mode to Trig
- Copy the pattern into patterns 2,3,4,5 as required
- Amend the note in each pattern to the required note in your user defined scale
- Set Pattern Delay to Instant in Settings menu
- Boom, you can now play your user defined scale using the pads and triggering patterns.
- Obviously pyramid needs to be playing for the notes to sound as you switch between patterns.
- And you cant hold a note down to sustain it, you can only trigger a 16th (or however long your programmed step is)
- And if you want to record your playing you’ll have to send the output back to MIDI In (i’ve never done this but I believe other people have)
- And if you want all your other patterns to switch on grid you need to go back into Settings and turn the instant switch off.
- And it’s monophonic.
- And you have to put an extra pattern in there with a zero velocity note so that a note doesn’t trigger in one of the other patterns when you unmute the track.
- And probably loads more.
But you know, you can’t have everything*
*Although I guess you could have user defined scales as part of core functionality.