SD Cards & Formatting?

I have tried four different SD cards with Pyramid (OS 3.1) - without any success. Which SD cards are compatible with Pyramid and what formatting is required? The manual is silent…

My current work card is Sandisk Extreme Pro 32g. Perf card is Sandisk Extreme Pro 16g. Backups are all Kingston 32g

Pretty sure all are formatted FAT32

When you say “without any success”:

• do you get an error msg?
  • what brands/formats have you tried?
  • does the pyramid work as expected otherwise (with a non-working card or without)
  • does the unit just not turn on then?
1 Like

Funny enough, it now works with one of the cards that were not recognized.
I have some strange power supply issues, not sure what is going. Maybe SD card access does not work when problems with power supply, that would make sense.

what exactly was the pyramid behavior when it didn’t work with the sd card? did it freeze on loading like mine did?

i see this is an old one, but i still had issues with 3 different mac formatted (MS-DOS FAT) SD cards. DiskUtility didn’t work.
the solution was this piece of software: SD Memory Card Formatter | SD Association
when formatted with this, I could put my saved projects and the PyraOS on it, and launch the Pyramid fine.
(remember to press and hold the clickable colored rotary encoder while powering up.)