(re)start playing after stop / changing project in sync with master clock

Wow, cheers for the run down. Odd that it won’t work without the MIO, I’d have expected the opposite if issues were to occur. Maybe sending some of this info to the Touchprone guy. He might be able to give some advice on how it works and the best way to sit it in your MIDI set up.

Hello,

yes I’ve send him an email,

but meanwhile I’ve found a solution!

because the TP Interrupt is MIDI powered, and as I’ve experienced already some troubles with other MIDI-powerd gear in the past (like MIDI SOLUTIONS midi merger, older version), I thought not enough power could cause these issues.

Seems I was right! When I connected a MIDI SOLUTIONS Power Adaptor (feeded by a 9V power supply), to the MIDI signal coming from my AKAI MPC LIVE, all problems were solved!

From my experience, a lot of modern MIDI gear (NORD, AKAI, I even think SEQUENTIAL), doesn’t deliver enough power over MIDI to MIDI units like this TP Interrupt or MIDI SOLUTIONS gear…

I think people who design such units better don’t count on getting enough power from the MIDI sources anymore, and better include a 9V power input.

It saves the extra cost, place and midi cable you need for a MS power adaptor…

But I’m glad I found a solution!

Clock syncing / restart from the MPC works like a charm now, in both cases (with and without MIO4 interface)!!

2 Likes

Ah beautiful. I’ll remember that when I get mine I’ve got a cart-full of stuff from his shop, just need to stop buying instruments and pay for them!
Now you mention it, it does sound like an incomplete data issue (I’ve heard of similar issues with trying to split a MIDI signal using a simple audio headphone splitter).