Pyramid meets the Pocket Operator

For Pyramid users that own Pocket Operators, I’ve had success setting DIN SYNC to 1 and then running a standard 3.5mm cable from env out to the sync in on the Operator.

On the Pocket Operator hold down the accent button and press bpm. Scroll through until you get SYN 2.

I keep the Pyramid DIN SYNC setting on “play only” so that the Operator only turns on when I run the sequencer.

I don’t think there is much else you can do, but it is nice to have the bpm locked and both machines starting and stopping together.

Just thought I’d share and curious to see if anyone else had similar findings.

6 Likes

Thanks! …(Post must be at least 20 characters)

That’s great to know!
Been wondering if it’s possible to sync to Pocket Operators, so thanks for detailed instructions on how to do it.

1 Like

is it a 3.5 mm stereo cable or mono?

I used a 3.5mm stereo cable and it worked fine.

2 Likes

thanks for the help!

I just want to add this worked for me, but I used SYN4, because I’m using a mono ts cable. Refer to the chart here:

https://teenage.engineering/guides/po-faq/en

Scroll to “how do i synchronize my pocket operator?”

Also, if you stop the PO, and then start transport on the Pyramid you’ll get a “from the beginning” sequence.

1 Like

Thanks for that tip. Have you experimented with changing the speed of the Operator when sync’d? It’s easy to do in the Pyramid menu, but I haven’t found a way to sequence a change. I don’t think it can be done, but maybe I’m missing something. Let me know what you think.

Thanks for this! I haven’t messed with my PO’s in a couple years… this might motivate me to dig them out of the closet!

Awesome, I was thinking about it and now I dont even have to figure it out anymore;) Thanks