Pyramid controlling DAW/VST (Bitwig, Mac)

I have problems making the Squarp Pyramid control my Mac.

I have connected over USB, the Pyramid powers up fine but my Mac won’t find Pyramid.

I have set up my track output to USB01, and the Pyramid do send midi signals. So the problem seems to be for my Mac finding Pyramids signal.

It’s not shown in Mac MIDI preferences, also not in neither Bitwig or Ableton’s MIDI settings.

Anyone successfully been controlling their software instruments with the Pyramid?

Thanks

1 Like

yup, I use it all the time - mainly with Live, but sometimes Bitwig.

so you don’t see it listed as a midi device?

if so Id suspect you’ve either got a fault usb cable, or a ‘power only’ usb cable - so id try another cable.
or if you have a hub, then perhaps the issue lies there?

1 Like

Nope, it doesn’t show. I’ve tried two different cables, one that I use for another controller. And I connect directly to the Mac mini’s USB port. Both power up the Pyramid but no midi-controlling. Good thing to know it should work though, equally frustrating it doesn’t. Any other ideas?

Did it work just out of the box for you, connecting it and working right away?

Thanks for your response

EDIT: I use Mac Mojave OS 10.14 and latest Pyramid firmware
EDIT2: Also worth noting, my Push 2 works perfectly fine just out of the box

1 Like

so in Audio Midi Setup its not showing? you could try to do a refresh there…
(delete the pyramid device if its present, but not going active)

Im on OS 10.14, and latest pyramid firmware too.
(on macbook pro and iMac, don’t have a Mac mini)

yes, it just shows up without any thing, it should show up on the mac regardless of settings on the Pyramid. which is why Id assume its hardware/cables.

hmm, if you have ruled out cables, Id probably try the pyramid on another computer if possible.
also try another USB port on the Mac mini, my old MacBook pro used to be picky about some devices on some usb ports.

2 Likes

Any luck? Hope you found a solution. I’m having the exact same issue. I was wondering if it has something to do with “network session” and/or the Network driver which doesn’t appear in my AppleMidi Studio anymore.

Nope, still not working. Squarp has offered to pick up and check my Pyramid if it’s faulty, since it seems they can’t answer this problem either. The blame is on me though, for being too busy/distracted (and at the same time more then comfortable learning Bitwig itself) not able to arrange this check up. I really appreciated Squarp’s response though and should just do it. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks, best of luck to you. I spent an hour on the phone with Apple software support but that went nowhere. They really put in some effort though.

The Pyramid shows up on my wife’s PC, but I didn’t take things any further. All the good stuff is on my Mac.

I’m heading to the Apple store. They’re going to let me try out the Pyramid at the Genius Bar on my computer and one of their’s. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

Best of luck to you too. Please let me know about any updates and I’ll do the same.

1 Like