Pyramid and Logic Pro

Hi guys,
I need to know how to set up Pyramid for drive virtual instruments in Logic…
For now I drive only my hardware instruments via midi connected to an iConnectmidi4+ midi interface and use Logic only as Multitrack recorder…and if I try to use some Virtual instruments can’t set i the right way and when I play an hardware one play the virtual as well :frowning:
So I need a different set of virtual midi output (USB) for play only the virtual one, or need to set my iConnect in a different way…I don’t know…
Someone can help me?

Cheers

I dont have any experiences with Logic. But just connect your PC to your iConnectMIDI and send the Pyramid MIDI to your PC. On your PC side you will see 16 “devices” matching the 16 channels. Just make sure you output on the Pyramid on the same channel as you are receiving on your DAW.

Hope this helps :wink:

The problem is that when I play my Pyramid Song programmed before it play all my note on every Virtual Synth I open even if I set in the midi panel a single channel…
I think I need some mod inside the Pyramid OS like a set of 16 virtual midi channels for use with VST…
What do you think, someone from the Squasrp Team here??

Pyramid outputs actually more than 16 channels.
You get 16 channels on MIDI A, 16 channels on MIDI B and 16 channels on USB MIDI.
You can route all those into your iConnect box and then send to your computer.

the USB one are not visible and selectable inside Logic Pro :frowning:

Cannot really comment on your setup, would need to be there for that :wink:

Are you connecting your Pyramid thru your iConnect device?

yes I connect all my analog synth and drum machines through iConnectMidi which is connected to Pyramid

So you need to forward your data from Pyramid to your computer. Thats all there is to it.
I recommend you to read and study the iCM manual, the software may seem a little tricky first, but it will mak your life a lot easier :wink:

I need a set of USB virtual midi output from pyramid…

If you use the iConnectivity boxes you can route all 16 x 3 (DIN A, DIN B, USB) from the Pyramid, getting you a total of 48 channels. :wink:

Ok, now I see that there is USB on Pyramid, I select it but in Logic this midi channel play only if the R button is selected on this channel :frowning:

just select multiple tracks and then select the R button. I think first you have to deselect the option “Auto demix by channel if multitrack recording” ( in File > Project Settings > Recording)

2 Likes

Somehow it would be wonderful if someone could share and post a video :pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2::blush: