Polyphonic voice allocation

When playing polyphonically, how does Hermod handle note/voice allocation? Is this a setting that can be updated?

E.g. here are the 7 note allocation modes from MI Yarns:

POLY: a natural voice-stealing algorithm.
SORTED: Lowest note is always played on CV/Gate outputs 1, the second note on CV/Gate outputs 2 and so on.
CYCLIC dispatches the note to each voice one after the other. This is a very naive approach to polyphony!
RANDOM: randomly assigns the note to a voice.
VELOCITY: dispatches low-velocity notes to the first voice, high-velocity notes to the last one, and anything else in-between.
UNISON1: When a single note is played, it is routed to all available output channels in unison; but when a chord is played, each note of the chord is dispatched to a different voice (lowest note to the first channel, highest note to the last channel).
UNISON2: when two keys are held, and one of the keys is released, U1 reassigns the remaining note to all channels (hardcore Odyssey behavior) ; while U2 doesn’t change anything (nice for playing and letting decay 2-note chords).

Which of these does Hermod support? Or anything not on this list?

I’d like to know that too.

I would also like to know.

Found in the firmware 1.20 list:

MIDI FX: new parameter ALLOCATOR. Allows you to select how the voice-stealing works, when the track layout is polyphonic. You can set CYCLIC (when a new the note is received, the next free voice is allocated), POLY (same as in previous versions, works closely as cyclic but if a new note was already allocated on a voice, this voice will keep this new note), FIRST (the first note will always play on the first voice, the second note will always play on the second voice, … ), RANDOM (voices are randomly allocated).

Really a shame that they are still not up to speed on this. The MI Yams options sounds great… basically something with real hi/low/last behaviour that allows for paraphonic phrasing with two distinct monophonic voices (hi/low) that can have their own glide behaviour… or doubling the lowest note of a chord with a bass sound, or the highest with a lead sound etc… I’m still hoping for an update on this

1 Like

any updates on this question… I’m trying to figure out how to create a duophonic patch