MIDI into PYRAMID - definitive guide. (Windows 10)

I’d hardly call it ‘definitive’ guide , as it’s about the most complicated way I can think of getting MIDI into the pyramid… especially as mosts users will already have a DAW installed that they can use.

seriously there is no ‘workaround’ necessary

if anyone wants to use an existing midi file on a pyramid, just copy it into an existing project as “track01.mid” or whatever. you may find you need to pre-edit the midi data, if its got a lot of data, and thats easy to do in any (free) daw, or whatever fancy…

its thats simple… no particular software is needed.

as for the difference between type 0 and 1 is trivial. (which you don’t even cover)

type 0 = deals with one track , so is used on the pyramid when you dont use patterns
type 1 = multitrack midi, pyramid uses this to represents patterns on tracks (since now a track as more than one midi file)

so IF you want to use patterns, you need to make sure the file is type 1.
all software supports type 0, many support type 1 for import - many modern daws support type 1 export.
(see details in my previous post )

as for your comments about the pyramid manual… I know zero french, just english and have absolutely no trouble understanding it. I think why some people struggle is its written more a reference manual style than a ‘user guide’ - this means you should read it fully once, and then initially keep it close by when using the pyramid to look things up… this worked well for me, since the Pyramid is very intuitive to use.

3 Likes