Issues with 1.01

I haven’t used an external clock or as yet the mod matrix so although you’re getting the same problems those things can’t be the cause. I’ve just been using the 8 track outs, nothing on midi or usb and nothing on CV inputs so far.

Hopefully Squarp do look here. I haven’t sent an official support email yet. Should I? I did send them a direct message on instagram. Probably not the best place. They haven’t responded to it.

Can someone confirm the ratchet effect bug. Put a ratchet on a track and hit play. Then mute and/or stop play. Does it continue to send notes? Mine does :persevere:

Yes, probably multiple causes.
Regarding the ratchet issue, I’ve tested a minute ago, but it’s not happening here. “Ratchet” is the only effect on the track ? Any specific setting other than the factory setting of this preset ?

Squarp definitely look here.
Here and emailing contact@squarp.net are great ways to get in touch.
It’s the weekend. I bet we’ll both hear back on Monday first thing!

Im syncing hermod via midi (mpc live) and havent had any of the Problems described with the new OS. I can try to simulate the ratchet problem and see if its there…
I had a brief issue when loading up an older project where i had 3 midi efx in series-arp to random to scale where when i switched out arp via the button i couldnt get it back. I reloaded same project and it worked perfectly and always after that…
Maybe try loading and reloading your projects?

I’m ratcheting just fine. Works as expected without issues I’ve encountered.

However I did hear back from Squarp today about the buttons.

“Most likely hardware” is their feeling.
And they’re encouraged me to post here about the issue (from their view I am so far the only person to write in about it) and I’m meant to open it up and take a look and be sure the pins are seated correctly with the pads.

I am going to do this, because I’m me. But intellectually, this doesn’t make sense.
If a power cycle clears up the sluggish keys, then it wouldn’t be a hardware issue.
Wouldn’t the misaligned keys still be misaligned after power cycle?

Dunnoe.

Please write to squarp about your issues.
I’ll report back what I find inside the module.

Yes, that’s weird.

The play and record buttons are not very responsive, if it’s a hardware issue, maybe it’ll get better in time, I can imagine that this kind of plastic pads need to be pressed multiple times before they find their correct position and become more responsive (??)

1 Like

That’s a good point. Perhaps it will improve with use.

I attempted to disassemble the module and take a look at how the pads are connected, but I can’t quite see how to get the boards apart without screwing up the midi and usb ports.
So I stopped at removing the four nuts on the back. Didn’t want to make things worse by trying make things better.

I think there are 6 screws, but the USb and Midi Din are not attached to the panel

1 Like

I’ll have another go when the sun comes up…

I have the Ratchet problem that does not stop when we stop. External Sync in MIDI

1 Like

So i‘ve had the same project running for at least 4 hours today and was syncing internally…and yes the play button gets sluggish and doesnt react! As this project was being made on version 1.0 i want to build a new one from scratch with 1.01 and see if it behaves differently. To me this doesnt look like a hardware problem, its as if the playbutton (only this one) has a time-out function thst shouldnt be there.

I agree it isn’t hardware problem.
I’ve inspected the module in the light of day, and all the pads are lined up well, the pins are fitting into the slots without obstruction.
I’m trying something out right now, allowing a long sequence to play and play, and will report back shortly about the button behaviors.

1 Like

I’m just catching up on all this. Well done Sunshine taking yours apart!

I agree I think it’s software. I really think it relates to my earlier observation about the push vs tap scenarios. When it’s behaving say you’re on the Track page you can press and hold the other transport buttons to briefly see/peek the Effects or Steps screens without actually going to those pages - this appears to be intentional behaviour. However the issues that then start after some hours of use seem to be this same behaviour but happening with a brief tap that would normally take you to that page or start/stop the sequencer. It’s as if it’s confusing tap for hold and only a superfast tap will get it to do what we want.

OK, not just me then. I’m going to send an email tomorrow about the issues I’ve had but they should have responded here already, even a simple acknowledgment of our issues IMO.

1 Like

I totally agree, and I believe it’s about length of tap - not on the user end. The problem should be easily solved in software.
Expect an update soon.

Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for your feedback on the 1.01 version.

I was made aware of this thread by Sunshine and took note of all the bugs mentionned here. I hope that my silence here doesn’t make you feel like we are not taking care of all the bugs, we are working hard to make Hermod rock-solid !

If you experience some issues, please send an email to contact@squarp.net. Having this process is way easier for us as we can maintain a chat with each users and pinpoint each individual bugs in a “procedural” manner.

We will probably release a minor update late friday or monday that will resolve all of the bugs mentionned here (and others).

Cheers,
Mathieu

7 Likes

Gate recording is still skipping some gates! and I get some UI glitches when recording CV yes I’m on 1.01 (see post here)

Any news on the next update? A few bug fixes will push this over the edge! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Guys,
With the release of pyraOS 3.0, we are a little bit in late with the hermodOS 1.02 release, it should be out this Monday.
Thanks for your patience!

5 Likes

Thanks for the update!