Increasing octave of entire pattern in Step Mode

Is there a way to increase the octave of every note in Step mode all at once? Can’t seem to figure it out.

Thanks

Yes - insert a scale effect with Transpose set to +12. You can then control turning that effect on & off by pressing the corresponding effect button.

Idea for a feature: allow on/off state of an effect to be controllable with a gate. @squarpadmin

2 Likes

If you want to permanently change the notes, hold Rec and rotate Knob 1 to transpose all notes in the pattern. See the user manual, page 19.

2 Likes

I really hope @squarpadmin will add an octave offset parameter to the scale effect, or add a simple standalone octave effect. I love modulating the octave on a running pattern in a range of -2/+2 or something. I’m getting the WMD Volts to do that, but of course it would be much nicer to have it in the Hermod.

3 Likes

But isn’t that a pyramid manual?

1 Like

Is there any way to set a scale effect with transpose +12 that doesn’t change the quality of the chord being played? When I play chord changes that alternate between Cmin7 and Cmaj7, I want the notes being transposed to be the notes I’m playing, not a fixed scale. @squarpadmin can you add a “chromatic” option that doesn’t quantize the notes being played to different pitches, but allows transposing?

Oops, you’re right, I didn’t realize this was a Hermod question.

1 Like

Yes good shout, you want to use the transpose feature of the scale effect, but you don’t want the scale feature of the effect. So in effect the Color menu item would have an OFF setting.

I second that !! Modulating octaves on the fly on a pattern (like the octave knob on the SH101) would be such an must needed feature <3 @squarpadmin

A part ça j’espère que vous allez bien ! Des bisous à toute la team :smile:

EDIT : didn’t saw it was a hermod question as well :confused: was talking of the pyramid

There’s a transpose midi channel isn’t there in the Hermod?
EDIT: It’d be setting all tracks to the same Root Channel setting. then bouncing octaves with a keyboard controller sending on that channel. or sending sequence notes to the channel.

100 agree
I think there s los of us wanting this feature

There is no “octave shift” per se, but you can SELECT ALL (STEP hold + 8 hold) and increase the note value by 12 for all note events.

3 Likes

thanks ! I didn’t knew the select all shorcut !!! I fell silly, I did read the manual but apparently, I didn’t read it well enough :frowning:
This is a very convenient shortcut ! It is indeed doable in a live situation, not ideal, but definitely doable (with encoder 2 shifting octaves) :slight_smile: will definitely use this !

I was looking for this setting for a lot of time and I was absolutely sure (albeit surpriused) that it’s not there… and I just found it!

You need to select “intervals” as the COLOR, and then take the last (why not first? beats me!) option in “scale” will be “chromatic”. I could not find it for so long, because I noticed that the intervals were arranged in order, starting from the thirds, it never occurred to me that minor second would be last on the list!

1 Like

Awesome! I knew there must be a way to do this.

Yes! Me too. I was close to buying a precision adder but this would be ideal.