Hermod Firmware Wishlist

Hi,
Yes I understand that no major new feature will be implemented, no problem :slight_smile: but having the ability to transpose a track without quantizing the notes with a scale effect, donā€™t you think itā€™s possible to add a transposition option to the Midi Out effect ?

Why would one be interested In transposing unquantized tracks?! Transposition is by definition an operation in quantized note space.

:upside_down_face: an offset if you preferā€¦ nevermind, problem solved ^^

How did you solve the ā€œproblemā€?

I need transposition, not within a major or a minor scale, only within a chromatic scale and this is already a possibility offered by the actual firmware.

2 Likes

i have so many crashes with the hermod it is realy sad since the module is actually so great and i love itā€™s workflow! If it would only not crash anymore! Make it stable and rock solid please!!!

1 Like

This is possible already now: just activate a a ā€œ3 voiceā€ layout and choose ā€œpolyā€. Ability to record polyphonic notes and distribute them in various ways is actually one of the strengths of Hermod.

I wish the modulation of effects via mod matrix wasnā€™t destructive/permanent. You can really break your fx settings by changing parameters with CV because they stay at that new value when you stop/change the modulation. Iā€™d think it more logical to revert back to the settings as they were before CV changed them.

I reported this as a bug, next updatešŸ‘šŸ»
Original settings should come back once you bypass the fx or undo matrix settings and this doesnā€™t happen at the moment

2 Likes

Thanks, I was stupid to not realize that for so long.

Thatā€™s good to hear. Aside from that quirk, putting CV into the effects is pretty amazing!

+1 for:

Note priority per track (High note/low note/last note). How is this not already included? At least for two-voice mode.

Adding a legato-only mode to the Glide fonction would be great as well.

This should be quite simple technically, no?

Did you achieve 7/16? It seems that track length is a division of 1/4th, so at most you can do 12/16, which is not that great for purpose

So is there a way to set seq length to something like 5/16? Maybe there is a reset seq in the mod matrix of something? Thanks!

Similarly to the Elektron products, Trigger Conditions would just give a sense of divinity on this sequencer. Itā€™s just what missing from the modular world atm. Probability is good but not enough!

1 Like

Looks like this didnā€™t make the 1.20 update. Dang it!

Adding something like a global tempo for Hermod Ć  la beatstep pro to avoid bpm jump between projects would be awesome for live shows! As I prefer to use the sequencer as master tempo (being able to read the bpm on a screen :slight_smile:) instead of being forced to use a drum machine or a dedicated module as master clock. Maybe thereā€™s already some kind of feature like that, but I wasnā€™t able to find it?

Just received my Hermod and love it. It already is an essential part of my setup.

But I would love a metronome mode!

Small UI suggestion: when in the effects page on an existing effect, use a single encoder click to go and directly edit the effect and use a long click to go to the edit / replace / copy / paste / delete effect. Itā€™s a small thing but would speed up the single encoder workflow.

Kid Yo

1 Like

I love this seq, this is my main unit for melodies, rythms, MIDI and LFO. But i need the Multiplier/devider for each track. Better, if that it will be realised as effect, for controling by CV.

3 Likes